about 1 year ago
Job Title: Subscriptions Marketing Manager
Reports to: Head of marketing
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week, 9am – 5.30pm, Monday-Friday
Overall Purpose of the Role:
• To manage the marketing for subscriptions for Property Week and other titles within the portfolio
• Develop annual and campaign marketing plans for subscriptions in co-ordination with the Head of Marketing.
• Execute marketing campaigns in order to achieve agreed targets.
• Manage budgets.
• Create campaigns to attract and keep paying subscribers by analysing the subscriber renewal process and undertake lapsed and acquisition campaigns.
• Manage the magazine circulation audit process and liaise with the ABC and circulation bureau to ensure circulation targets are met and maintained.
• Take the lead in developing strategies for data acquisition, perform data analysis and help maintain the central database.
• Develop and maintain contra deals with third parties.
• Maintain regular and detailed reporting on financials, activity, response rates, targets and KPIs and suggest ways in which rates can be sustained and improved.
• Conduct qualitative and quantitative research as required.
• Liaise with suppliers including the circulation bureau, printers and designers.
• Develop and maintain good relationships with third party agents.
• Work with the team to maintain high levels of customer service.
• Help develop routes to market to include digital marketing and advertising, social media activities, email, direct mail, telemarketing, etc.
• Undertake competitor analysis.
• Update web pages and ecommerce pages with promotional copy and develop strategies to improve conversion rates.
• Attend and provide support at events where appropriate. May involve occasional overseas travel.
• Develop and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders and attend brand/journal meetings when required.
Key Results Areas:
• Achievement of agreed targets.
• Maintain/improve response rates.
• Manage agreed budgets.
Personal Specifications and Competencies:
• Strong influencing skills with the ability to influence and negotiate for time and resources at all levels.
• Evidence of success in building and managing relationships with high level stakeholders.
• Evidence of success in prioritising and dealing with high level sensitive information and taking appropriate action on a regular basis.
• Organisational awareness with the ability to operate with confidence and credibility across all functions of the Company.
IT, Administrative and Organisational Skills:
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
• Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills, with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and to demonstrate an effective and resourceful approach to addressing issues.
• Ability to manipulate and manage data. Strong skills and evidence of success in acquiring new data.
Judgement and Analysis:
• Sound judgement with the ability to interpret, analyse and disseminate complex, sensitive information.
• A strong understanding of business and organisational risk and the ability to analyse situations and apply judgement on decisions.
• Awareness of the Company’s reputation, finance or legal position.
• Resourceful and purposeful, with initiative, drive and a strong desire to deliver exceptional results.
• A team player both internally and externally.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present and explain management information clearly to a variety of audiences.
Other Special Requirements:
• Marketing qualification desirable
• Subscriptions experience an essential
• Excellent copywriting skills
• Understanding of the use of data
• Experience of managing substantial budgets
• B2B publishing experience essential