6 months ago
Category: Planning Jobs
Close Date: 20th November
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. With over 25 million customers across the UK, O2 is one of the world’s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We are always on the lookout for great talent. Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. From a choice of benefits, rewards, training and ongoing career development there are many reasons to join O2.
What do the team do?
We are the Telefónica Supply Chain & Channel Partners team. We manage the end-to-end supply chain for all customer products (including mobile phones, SIM cards, tablets, wearables and accessories). We aim to be a recognised cross-industry leading, innovating and pioneering supply chain. We also own the service relationships with MVNOs, and are responsible for public sector key projects like smart metering and emergency services.
How will you fit into this?
This role is responsible for managing part of the £1billion of customer products purchased across the end to end supply chain; from the suppliers to our central warehouse, and from the warehouse to our customers (all routes excluding O2 stores). This must be done by maximising availability to the customers, whilst minimising working capital tied up in stock. Building collaborative relationships with suppliers and sales channels, measuring performance of self and suppliers, and driving continuous improvement will be the keys to success.
* Owning the Telefonica end to end Stock Disposal process across multiple locations
* Working with third parties to collate and prepare sales and to drive the optimum return of each auction
* Working external customers ensuring all lots are closed off in a timely manner, including providing unlatching codes, managing inspections and inspections
* Producing finance and management reporting ensuring all appropriate waste and VAT documentation are captured correctly
* Influencing the sales channels, commercial, marketing and devices teams to ensure the right decisions are taken at the right time to achieve Telefonica’s objectives
* Managing launches and end of life across the sales channels, ensuring all systems and staff communications are accurate and updated in a timely manner
* Stock Management - ensuring each sales channel has access to the right stock at the right time (exceed availability target)
* Channel Management - providing reporting and information into the sales channels to inform them of performance, highlighting action plans where targets are not being met.
What are we looking for?
* Full end to end lifecycle management with a key focus on disposal management being key
* Vendor management experience within supply chain
* Strong Excel knowledge – must be able to manipulate data in effcient way using the appropriate functions – e.g. Vlookups, Pivot Tables
* Excellent stakeholder management experience with the ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships
* Commercial awareness
But it`s not all about the experience, it`s about you and the passion you can bring to O2 in developing our people. Does this sound like you...?
* Confident communicator
* Excellent organisation skills and strong attention to detail
Salary and benefits:
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits that could include a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica’s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you’ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There’s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.