4 months ago
Overall Job Purpose
This customer-facing role is responsible for solving and IT incidents logged on the helpdesk. The role holder must be able to work closely other members of the team to ensure that calls are resolved in a timely manner.
Immediate Media runs its publishing business on over 700 Macs (Mac OS X) and 700 PCs (Windows 10). The Enterprise Systems department is responsible for supporting these and provides a dedicated helpdesk facility.
PLANNING AND ORGANISATION
Excellent organisational and analytical skills are key as the role holder must be able to prioritise callsmade to the helpdesk and ensure that urgent calls are promptly logged, solved or escalated to other support teams.
This role is part of the support group and reports to the Support Manager. The support team meets regularly as a group. The role-holder can discuss personal progress at scheduled one-to-one meetings with the Support Manager. Success is measured against agreed objectives that are set annually.
Support staff work closely with the 3rdline and infrastructure teams along with the rest of Enterprise Systems. The role holder is expected to work with people at all levels within the company, and to strive to provide the best possible support to the business.
Listen below to find out more:
* Provide second line technical support, resolving issues over the phone and in person, using remote management tools where appropriate.
* Conduct regular visits to other sites to solve IT issues.
* Ensure that SLA’s are met
* Collaborate effectively with other technical teams, escalating to specialists and working with them to ensure a satisfactory and timely resolution.
* Assisting more junior members of the team with skill building, and ticket escalations.
* Diagnose and solve hardware/software incidents.
* Prioritise and manage several open incidents at one time
* Install, maintain, and support new applications.
* Role is based usually in our Hammersmith HQ, but will include approximately 5 days per month at our office in Covent Garden.
* Undertake occasional project work, for instance supporting acquisitions of smaller businesses, testing in preparation for major system upgrades.
Knowledge, Experience & Competencies
* Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure in a corporate and creative environment.
* Well-developed communication skills including an excellent telephone manner.
* Ability to clearly and concisely document technical information and troubleshooting steps taken.
* A thorough understanding of Windows 10, with a focus on common troubleshooting issues such as failed logins, file permissions, connectivity.
* Ability to approach problem solving logically
* Willingness to travel to other UK company sites on occasion.
* Experience of supporting and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows in a corporate environment.
* Experience of using and supporting Apple Macs (Mac OS X), or a willingness to learn Mac support skills to a proficient level through on-the-job learning and self-study.
* Experience using and supporting Microsoft cloud products in a corporate environment – including OneDrive, Office online products.
* Experience of supporting and troubleshooting mobile devices, specifically Apple’s iOS for iPad and iPhone, Android.
* Awareness of information security measures used in the modern workplace.
* Experience of using Adobe’s Creative Suite products
* Experience of supporting audio, visual, and presentation systems.
* Experience of working to SLAs in an ITIL environment
* Certifications covering support of Windows desktop operating systems.