about 1 month ago
Surveillance Analyst, CIB Compliance - London
Surveillance Analyst, CIB Compliance - London
Making banking easier for all of our customers
Santander are looking for a Surveillance Analyst to join our office based in London.
Compliance Surveillance forms part of the Wholesale and Corporate Compliance division and is responsible for the surveillance of transactional data and communications entered into by the UK Wholesale Bank, to identify potential instances of market abuse, misconduct or inappropriate behaviour.
The successful candidate will be required to carry out daily surveillance activities and investigations of potential market abuse and will report into the Head of Surveillance based in London.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Surveillance Analyst your main responsibilities will be to
* Assist with the development and improvement of the Trade Surveillance tool (APAMA) used to monitor and investigate potential market abuse
* Assist with the deployment and calibration of the Communications Surveillance tool used to monitor all approved communications channels
* Carry out daily surveillance activities and improve the existing controls and practices
* Assist in developing governance related to surveillance and analysis procedures
* Completion of surveillance analysis in accordance with the stated procedures and communicate the surveillance results appropriately
* Ensure timely escalation of any suspicious behaviour resulting from surveillance activities including referral to specialist investigations functions as appropriate
* Assist Compliance and other stakeholders with reviews and analysis as required
* Manage stakeholder expectations and produce project deliverables, and ensure that accurate records of surveillance activities and any suspected market abuse are maintained efficiently.
Minimum skills and experience required
* Knowledge and practical experience of conducting trade and communication surveillance gained either within a peer organisation, regulator or exchange
* Previous experience of drafting policies, procedures, governance documentation
* Understanding of the Market Abuse Regulation (MAR)
* Technical knowledge of Wholesale Banking and exposure to various business areas such as Credit/Rates and FX (including derivatives), Equity (including derivatives), Financing transactions (repos/reverse repos, stock lending/borrowing), and DCM, ECM, M&A
* Excellent written & oral communication skills, and the ability to form relationships with key stakeholders with regards to compliance obligations.
Salary is Competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It’s one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.