6 months ago
System Consultant (SID)
* System Consultant (SID)
* Saga Services Ltd
* 20/07/2018 22:59
Job Description Summary
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a System Consultant to join our SID datahub development team.
A leader in Motor, Home, Travel and Health Insurance; Saga offers an environment where we will do the best thing for you to develop your skills and develop your career.
You will be responsible for all aspects of development with the SID MI solution, as well as the important undertaking of support and monitoring of the production environment.
You will bring excellent communication skills, verbally and written, with good knowledge of ETL, DIAL and PL/SQL technologies.
• Demonstrable technical & problem-solving background
• Excellent communication skills
• Good educational background
• Educated to degree level in a technical subject would be an advantage
• Understanding ETL, DIAL and PL/SQL technologies
• Experience of a scrum-based agile development methodology
• Experience of Git-based source control concepts such as push, pull, branch, merge, rebase
• Experience of MI reporting would be an advantage
• Deliver ETL, DIAL and PL/SQL changes in line with best practices and within project deadlines
• Participate fully in the team’s agile development process, contributing to daily scrum meetings, sprint planning sessions, and retrospectives
• Development covering both data into Datahub (ETL/DIAL) and data out of Datahub (PL/SQL)
• Ensuring the appropriate user story specification and acceptance processes are followed
• Work directly with QA testers to ensure high quality of delivery
• Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement consistent with the cultural context of the organisation
• Seek opportunities to contribute original ideas to the benefit of the team and organisation
• Perform any other duties consistent with the skill-set of the individual as required by the organisation from time to time
• Excellent communication required to manage the technical performance in the team and ensure dependencies with other teams are effectively managed
• Good analytical and technical skills
• Enthusiasm for personal development and learning – the desire to extend personal skill sets through continuous self-assessment
• Ability to interpret user story acceptance criteria and deliver solutions that fulfil or exceed expectations
• Ability to work within an agile development environment and process
• Ability to recognise and work in line with Saga business objectives, ethos and methods
• Ability to communicate effectively with immediate colleagues and the wider business
• Self-motivated, flexible and organised, with an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines
• Excellent time management skills – ability to effectively prioritise workloads and to meet business expectations
• Able to cope under pressure
• Professional manner & positive attitude
• An eye for detail
• Conscientious with high quality standards
• Analytical mind
• Flexible approach to work, confident and approachable
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.