4 months ago
Britvic is the name behind iconic and market-leading brands such as Robinsons, Pepsi, Fruit Shoot, Tango, Squash’d, J2O, R.Whites, Gatorade, 7UP and Lipton – and we are on a journey to become the most dynamic, creative and trusted soft drinks company in the world. To get there we need to be continually sharpening our competitive edge, maximising value through creative, effective, strategic, passionate and professional Operational teams.
Progress your career:
Britvic is a very exciting and supportive place to be, with award winning brands, a clear vision, personal development and an open and honest culture. We offer a comprehensive package for this position - including a highly competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, enhanced company pension contributions, share save schemes, annual pay reviews, healthcare, vouchers and a whole host of flexible benefits.
About the Role - Tax:
The role of the tax analyst (intern) is to play an active role assisting the group tax team with managing and meeting the groups tax compliance and advisory requirements and needs.
Consequently, the tax analyst will have exposure to a wide range of different taxes across multiple countries including (but not limited to):
* Corporation tax;
* Transfer Pricing
* Employment taxes & payroll;
* Customs & Excise duties
* Sugar tax
* Environmental taxes and levies
This role will be suitable to somebody that has an analytical and professionally sceptical mind who is looking to develop and expand their skillset by applying their knowledge in a real life practical work environment.
Supporting the tax team with:
* Analysing financial data for inclusion within various Corporate Tax, VAT, Employment Tax and Sugar Tax returns;
* Assisting with the preparation, completion and submission of various tax disclosures, returns and their associated computations;
* Helping to interrogate data, forecast and make tax payments to HMRC and other overseas tax authorities;
* Assisting the tax team with calculating and making various group recharges;
* Support with undertaking balance sheet reconciliations and month end procedures;
* Assist with writing reports, letters and PowerPoint presentations for both internal and external use e.g. quarterly tax and audit committees;
* Supporting the tax team with managing tax audits and enquiries (HMRC, overseas tax authorities and internal audit);
* Supporting the team with internal budgeting and financial management; and
* Supporting the tax team with other ad hoc tasks and project support as and when required.
* Proficiency in Microsoft office packages, especially Excel, Word & PowerPoint
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Currently studying for a university degree (ideally in business, finance, accounting, mathematics, economics, project management or leadership & management).
* Fluency in English is required, additional language skills are desirable but not essential.
* A highly motivated self-starter and a strong team player.
* A highly analytical, credible and charismatic individual with strong presentation skills and a professional demeanour.
We’re committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees – in fact this is at the heart of our company culture and values, and we welcome applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.