12 months ago
JOB TITLE: Technical Account Manager
BRAND/DEPARTMENT: Hearst Digital Media Global
REPORTS TO: Director of Account Management Global
Hearst is looking for a Technical Account Manager (Ad Operations) within the Global digital team. The Technical Account Manager will work closely with Sales, Account Managers, Project Managers and all the international markets we operate in to ensure digital campaigns are launched successfully and guarantee the client’s expectations are exceeded. You will be highly competent in the end-to-end process of digital display campaigns, working with Sales Planners in all countries to provide seamless delivery.
The role requires daily use of DFP, uploading 3rd party tags and creative, testing and QA. There will be client interaction to support the production and launch of custom rich media as well, offering expertise and advise on best performing formats and interactions. Also using Booking systems and Order Management Systems to manage and approve orders on behalf of Sales teams.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Manage the implementation and delivery of digital ad campaigns using DFP and other platforms to execute campaigns
• Put together plans (pre-sales) and liaise with all markets as well as the sales poc
• Coordinate the implementation and delivery in all markets where we don’t have access to traffic
• Build excellent relationships with internal and external teams as well as all international markets. Communicate daily with sales and sales support teams, third party vendors and client contacts as publisher-side AdOps and technical expert
• Upload client creative and perform thorough QA checks on ad creative and custom programs.
• Work with the Ad Studio to guarantee smooth production process for custom display ad products, including leading discussions with clients, eloquently describing our ad product functionality, collecting assets, maintaining timelines and coordinating production.
• Personally troubleshoot trafficking and ad tech issues, working with internal and external teams as necessary
• Recommend advertising technology solutions to internal client team based on a comprehensive understanding of the client’s requirements, marketing objectives and technical capabilities.
• Maintain up-to-date understanding of industry standards in ad technology, including ad verification, viewability, and programmatic ad serving
• Ensure that SLA timescales are worked towards at all times, liaising closely with Account Managers, Sales Planners and Project Managers to ensure that agencies and clients are aware of the timescale
• Strong creative problem-solving skills and an ability to come up with unique solutions to complex problems
• Proven ability to work successfully both within a team and autonomously
• Flexible, personable attitude; ability to develop excellent professional relationships with all level of personnel
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Attention to detail; exact precision in data input and well organised
• Demonstrated analytical skillset with strong Microsoft Excel skills. Able to report on campaign performance and manipulate large data sets
• Quick learner and adaptable
• Experience with ad serving platforms (DFP, DCM, Celtra, Sizmek)
• Knowledge of Order Management Systems (Fattail, Salesforce, Operative,etc) and the digital sales end to end process
• Experience of digital media
• Self-motivated and work well under pressure
• 2nd language a plus