9 months ago
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment company with over 23 million customers across seven countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Tech Team.
As a valued employee, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. What’s more, you’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. As if that’s not enough, our impressive Osterley campus boasts endless subsidised restaurants, on-site cinema, on-site gym, and much more to make your experience with us even more enjoyable.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Your key responsibilities:
You will join a scrumproject team that uses cutting edge technology to provide core services that put Sky first for VOD and DTH content. You will act as the Technical Analyst for a technical Scrum, you will be participating with architects, developers and testers in defining the product backlog. Typical responsibilities include:
- Definition of interface changes between systemscomponents and defining technical and user stories to support new functionality or changes to existing, this often involves close collaboration with architects and developers as well as client services.
- You will write stories that with clarity and acceptance criteria ensure the successful delivery of the features in bi-weekly releases.
- You will organise and lead regular planning games and showcases.
- Participate in agile ceremonies including daily stand-ups and retrospectives.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Delivery Managers to create a roadmap and prioritised backlog that communicates a common vision and criteria for success for the product. Ensure the roadmap is kept up-to-date and communicated accordingly.
- Be the primary source of information and truth for the product and leverage this expertise to provide insight and clarity.
- Understand the interactions between components and external consumers ensuring requirements are aligned across the solution.
- Technical analyst agile product owner experience, ideally within a Scrum for a large organisation.
- You have worked within a web environment and has an excellent understanding of web concepts including REST and RESTful services
- You have strong technical understanding of high transactional backend systems
- Able to quickly understand the full end-to-end functionality of all components within a complex architecture
- Worked within an integrationmulti team environment.
- Experience and good understanding of micro-systems architecture
- Experience of video streaming and download applications
- Technology background either as a developer or tester
- CSPO qualification - desirable
Ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results? today
We’re happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make us Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better