9 days ago
Category: Analysis Jobs
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. With over 25 million customers across the UK, O2 is one of the world’s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We are always on the lookout for great talent. Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. From a choice of benefits, rewards, training and ongoing career development there are many reasons to join O2.
About the Team:
The Smart Meter Service Management team is part of the Telefonica “Wholesale Service Management” team.
My team focus solely on the delivery of Smart Meter services to the DCC, our primary customer.
We are responsible for the live service, customer experience and both contract obligations and Performance measures.
In this role you will analyse Incidents and requests from the customer. Seeing these through to resolution either with your own technical knowledge or utilising that of our internal operational support teams and 3rd party vendors. You will strive to contribute to the success of our contractual Service Measures relating to Incident Management.
The Senior Analyst will also be expected to lead the team in the Team Managers absence, be a point of escalation for analysts and collaborate effectively with primary stakeholders and support team.
1. Managing incoming Incidents and requests
* The end to end management of all incidents & requests escalated via Service Management System within SLAs
* Utilise support tools, dashboards, live views and reporting to help perform triage activity and perform trending.
* Understand role of key Operational support areas in providing incident fix. Collaborate effectively.
* Communicate clearly stakeholders (Service Management, Service Desk and points of escalation) to ensure alignment with incidents and assure sufficient clarity and appropriate prioritisation.
* Provide a single point of contact for TEF Smart Meter Service Desk.
* Escalating incidents with multiple 3rd party providers and Suppliers
* Maintain Knowledge base material and promote ‘shift left’ activities and service improvement
2. Monitoring Incident Analysis trends
* Utilise available MI and reporting to perform trend analysis.
* Contribute to the delivery of Problem Management requirements and Continual Service Improvement initiatives
* Monitor and report on the incidents, status and speed of fault resolution considering internal OLA’s and contractual KPI’s
* Identify and keep Service Delivery teams informed of any underlying trends that are manifesting as external customer reported issues
3. Building and managing relationships
* Build relationships across Operations, and develop an understanding of who you need to engage for incident resolution.
* Provide support to key stakeholders regarding queries on incidents and the management of them
Skills & experience:
* Engineering background (preferably Computer Science)
* Programming in scripting language – preferably Python (as previously developed tools) or equivalent
* Basic usage of Unix commands
* Experience working within a technical environment with ITIL principles
• Experience supporting managed WAN solutions, TELCO infrastructure.
• Knowledge of short range protocols and application profile (preferably zigbee)
• Experience with network protocols
• Knowledge in GB smart metering protocols (GBCS, SMETS2, DUIS, CHTS, etc
• Experience of working with Service Management systems, including Remedy
• Usage of Wireshark (or equivalent network analyser)
Salary and benefits:
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits that could include a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica’s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you’ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There’s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.