3 months ago
Technical Business Analyst
Hook -Bartley Way -C1600
Service and Support
Service and Support
Technical Business Analyst
Salary: up to £42,000 dependent on experience
Closing Date: Friday 19th July
As we enter one of the most exciting times in our history we are seeking a Technical Business Analyst to join our Core Network and Operations team supporting our Technology and Innovation function. We are looking for someone that oozes our Virgin values and embraces the on-going ways of working within Liberty Global.
Our Technology and Innovation function really is the force behind Virgin Media. Without these super people we wouldn’t have the latest technology in place to constantly challenge our competitors and continue taking the UK market by storm.
Working in our Technology and Innovation function is very unique. We work collaboratively with Liberty Global in a PAN European Delivery Function, meaning our opportunities are now more exciting than ever! We are now proud to be part of the world’s largest broadband communications company and continue to delight our customers in true Virgin style!
What is the job?
We are looking for an analytical and commercially-minded Technical Business Analyst to join a team responsible for the successful management and maintenance of key data sources within Governance & Performance Management which underpin various department work streams such as Budgeting, TCO, Application Inventory and Vendor/Commercial Management.
As the Technical Business Analyst, you will build strong working relationships with key stakeholders, both 3rd party vendors and internal stakeholders to deliver change to various IT tooling platforms.
You will be responsible for turning data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions, supporting stakeholders (Internal & External to IT) to review, validate & cleanse key IT data. It will be your responsibility to ensure all Governance and Performance Management tooling is kept up to date and to a high quality, as
well as the ongoing maintenance of the data (Including process documentation, transformation & mapping rules, data definitions and data lineage/management).
As the Technical Business Analyst, you will support for department managers with the delivery of the Governance and Performance Management roadmaps (Stakeholder management, requirements capture, data analysis, data design through to build and implementation). You will also liaise with other IT functions to drive successful adoption
of the Governance and Performance Management roadmaps to drive value within multiple IT processes.
Some of the key accountabilities include:
• Responsible for maintaining the key data sources within the Governance & Performance Management department.
• Responsible for ensuring data governance is applied robustly across all key data.
• Quality assurance and overall integrity across all Governance & Performance tooling.
• Works with IT Directors and Senior Managers to ensure alignment and consistency is applied to all deliveries.
• Support delivery of Governance & Performance Management tooling requirements including their Design, Build, Test and Release.
• Enhancing data collection procedures to drive efficiencies and business value from the data.
• Interpreting complex data, analyzing results using statistical techniques and providing ongoing reports.
• Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources, developing and maintaining data relationships.
• Work with management to prioritize business and information needs.
• Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
• Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner.
• Managing the communications with all stakeholders, reporting progress at regular intervals.
Are you right for the role?
• Expert Excel skills
• Strong technical expertise in structured data analysis and within a variety of technical/delivery scenarios to demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and progression.
• Proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels to ensure mutual and shared understanding
• Experience of analysing, assessing and resolving requirements, problems and issues
• Analytical and highly numerate in nature, withna capacity for developing complex and analytical data models
• Strong knowledge of, and experience with, IT functions and key platforms
• A proven track record of small works project delivery and / or coordination. Effectively managing a number of challenging tasks at the same time without compromising quality or delivery timeframes
• Must be self-motivated and able to demonstrate confidence at all times, with the ability to build, maintain and to influence stakeholder relationships and manage expectations.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Adept at processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis.
• Experience of working in a global matrixed environment would be beneficial
• Experience working and reporting on Large Data Sets
Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. You can trust us to do the right thing by you. We’re a great place to work - and we offer impressive benefits too. Get ready for a family friendly & flexible working environment where you’ll receive a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension and, of course, discounts on our fantastic mobile, broadband and cable.
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!
Send to a friend