6 months ago
Nationwide is investing £1.2b in IT transformation, so it’s never been a more exciting time to join. We need a skilled Technical Lead for Performance/Availability/Security Manager to help cement our leadership position in the world of Open Banking.
We’re collaborating with FinTech partners to continually innovate through new open API technologies, but at the same time, investing in our branches and digital channels to create the best blend of human and digital service for our members. Our Technical Leads play a crucial part in this.
Who we're looking for
We need somebody with:
• A high degree of technical depth in performance engineering
• The ability to drive improvements in NFRs for new deliverables in order to improve performance, security, availability and resilience
• An aptitude for transformational leadership is essential as you’ll be building a high performing team
• Provable competence in the area of production recommendations & delivery
• DevOps capability
• Analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to find practical solutions in a time-critical environment
What you'll be doing
As Technical Lead for IT Performance/Availability/Security Manager, you will be responsible for multiple areas of the development lifecycle. First and foremost is the analysis of the existing production services. You will work with the production team to build up a view of performance bottlenecks in order to recommend remedial actions. Once established, you will be helping to define standards, processes and methods to allow the team to develop high quality, scalable and resilient solutions.