3 months ago
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
This is the job
Are you an experienced technical SEO who is passionate about improving websites and SEO performance? We’re looking for somebody who wants to work with a website that covers a diverse range of content themes - and uses a blend of different technologies. We’re a small, focused team with big ambitions – and two respected brands (the AA and BSM) to deliver them for.
The Technical SEO Manager role is responsible for delivering all technical aspects of the AA’s SEO campaigns across new business, retention and digital service. They will work for the Group SEO manager in a new in-house SEO team, working closely with developers, designers, editors, other colleagues and agency partners to ensure every opportunity is taken to improve rankings.
They will be the go-to source of technical SEO knowledge, with a strong onsite technical background and the ability to answer complex technical queries in plain English. They will attend internal meetings and advise on specific SEO topics during projects and during the business as usual activities of a busy, multi-product organisation. Key to the role will be proactively identifying issues, monitoring reporting tools for changes, and identifying solutions. A keen desire to question, learn and optimise is essential.
What will I be doing?
* Deliver technical SEO recommendations to support campaigns that meet Road targets
* Deliver technical SEO recommendations for Insurance, Driving School and Digital Service that meets targets
* Build strong working relationship with developers, designers and other colleagues to ensure SEO is at the forefront of their thinking and you are there to help
* Work with an external agency partner to supplement in-house SEO knowledge and resource
* Perform technical SEO audits of theaa.com to identify issues and enhance visibility of the site in major search engines
* Deliver the strategy, execution and monitoring of technical SEO projects
* Contribute to the domain-wide overall SEO strategy (AA, BSM), with specific focus on Road, Insurance, AADS and Digital Service.
* Closely monitor the AA’s domains for changes that are detrimental to SEO, identifying root cause, solutions and flagging to the relevant P&L team and Group SEO manager.
* Be comfortable and excited about working with a website with millions of monthly users
* Ensure suppliers and internal colleagues deliver reports and tasks on time to a high level of accuracy and quality
* Keep up to date with industry developments, including suspected algorithm updates and reputable/reliable SEO industry best practice
* Monitor competitor activity, promptly communicating change and quickly actioning any resulting changes
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* Deep understanding of SEO including:
* Google and Bing algorithms
* onsite technical work
* content production and optimisation
* offsite technical analysis, including link profiles
* outreach, digital PR and linking strategies
* Strong SEO analytical skills, with experience of GA360 and GSC
* Experience of SEO tools – eg Majestic, Screamingfrog and SEM Rush.
* Understanding of website technologies and an awareness of website development and coding
* Comfortable with the use and optimisation of CMS’s to improve the SEO standard of Website Editor work
* A clear understanding of how search fits into the overall marketing mix
* Strong MS Office skills – Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills - intermediate Excel skills to pivot table and IF statement level preferable
Beneficial, but not compulsory:
* Knowledge and experience of Consumer Services, Insurance or Financial Services
* Experience of working with brand, compliance and legal teams
* Basic understanding of CRO, PPC and Affiliates
Education and Qualifications:
* University degree, strong A-Levels or relevant career experience
* Additional qualifications not required, but will be evaluated based on relevance and merit
* Reflects and exhibits the AA Brand Values – Courtesy, Care, Expertise, Dynamism and Collaboration
* Self-starter that takes the initiative and works well in teams
* A trustworthy individual who can be relied on and who takes pride in a job well done