6 months ago
Technical SEO Specialist
Are you a technical SEO specialist looking for a new opportunity?
Here at Aviva, we're reinventing insurance; in fact, we have been for over 300 years. We’re creating digital experiences and tools which meet customers' needs and address the 'pain points' that they tell us they feel. Rewarding our customers' loyalty is central to our strategy and digital enables us to do this. We take digital transformation seriously, which is why we’ve created our Digital Garage; a digital environment in the heart of London’s Tech City in Shoreditch.
SEO is at the heart of this transformation and its importance is recognised everywhere; by our content, marketing, development, design and media relations teams, right up to the senior management team. Which is why we’re developing our in-house SEO capability to work seamlessly with every aspect of Aviva’s digital offering, to make sure it’s built properly, from the ground up.
Our team is new and growing, and this is a perfect opportunity to join a high-profile function, make your mark in an SEO-savvy business and create a legacy of excellence.
As our Tech SEO Specialist, you will face directly in to the development teams, working with Product Owners to scope requirements and change requests, developers to refine user stories, and the wider Global teams to push SEO strategy on to our Global Framework standards. With your commitment to excellence and strong communication skills, you will find workable solutions and articulate them, in full technical detail, to developers, and in easily-digested summary to non-technical stakeholders.
You'll relish diagnostic problem-solving and revel in the pursuit of perfection. You'll enjoy taking personal responsibility for your own workload, continually reorganising and prioritising to ensure our internal teams get the best service possible.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Iterative improvement of Aviva websites by deployment of SEO technical best-practice.
* Create monitoring programmes which identify technical issues as they arise.
* Use various technical analysis tools to identify and diagnose technical obstacles to SEO success.
* Articulate business cases to facilitate SEO changes through the prioritization process.
* Support the creation, testing, launch and validation of whole and partial-site redirect mappings.
* Manage and maintain resources such as robots.txt, XML sitemaps, disavow files.
* Attend planning sessions and articulate Technical SEO requirements for new site developments.
* Co-creation of SEO requirements to sit within the global development framework so that all new site development has SEO best-practice at its heart.
* Develop close working relationships with Product Managers, Senior Developers and other Digital Product colleagues.
* Build personal credibility with internal stakeholders through confident and proficient consultancy.
Skills & Experience required
* Extensive demonstrable experience and knowledge of technical SEO, with a proven track-record of implementation and measurable success.
* A deep understanding of how search engines interact with front-end technologies.
* Strong understanding of the trajectory that search engines are taking and the relevant technologies involved.
* Excellent working knowledge of relevant industry tools.
* Demonstrable track-record with planning, testing and executing migration plans.
* Working knowledge of logfile analysis.
* Hands-on experience of working with agile teams.
* A pragmatic approach to SEO best-practice with a willingness to seek compromise solutions and work-arounds when best-practise is not practical.
What will you get for this role?
* Salary of up to/between £35,000 - £44,000
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review
* Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
* Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
* Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Equal opportunity statement
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Shanice Morgan in the Resourcing team on.
We help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,500 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.
SEO Outreach Specialist | London (UK)