6 months ago
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment company with over 23 million customers across seven countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Software support analysts’ team
As a valued employee, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. What’s more, you’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. As if that’s not enough, our impressive Osterley campus boasts endless subsidised restaurants, on-site cinema, on-site gym, and much more to make your experience with us even more enjoyable.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Your key responsibilities:
As an Ad Tech Support, you provide technical and business support and consultancy for a number of business critical systems used by Sky Media (Sky’s Commercial advertising sales division) which support the sales of commercial advertising across multiple platforms.
- You provide responsive application support, as defined by the Team Leader for achieving objectives agreed with himher.
- Analyse incident tickets and take ownership of issue resolution and provide solutions or acceptable workarounds to enable closure of the issue.
- You liaise with 3rd Party system solution providers on issue resolution.
- Ensure that application support standards and processes are implemented and contribute actively to their continuous improvement, including dedicated solutions for system monitoring, process change, testing, and analysis.
- Ensure that support requests are efficiently logged and tracked through to resolution using the Sky call logging tools.
- For any significant new projects ensure these will be supportable by contributing to the creation and execution of structured Operational Acceptance Test (OAT) plans.
- Represent the team as required in Project initiated reviews meetings and where applicable challenging project decisions highlighting any risks and issues.
- Contribute to the support documentation to reflect changes in a timely manner to ensure that team knowledge is captured and retained.
- 2+ Years Application Support experience within a ‘Blue Chip’ organisation
- Experience of working with Project teams providing support and consultancy to PM’s, BA’s, testers and developers.
- ITIL Knowledge
- Jira Bug and Support software
- Ability to write & run SQL on Oracle SQL Server Ingres
- Unix Linux skills – ability to navigate directory structures, to list & edit files, to run scripts, ideally to write simple shell scripts, utilise Cron tab scheduling
- PerlAwkShell scripting.
- Basic knowledge of Windows servers OS incl AD groups and security
- Degree or equivalent qualified + 2 years Support Experience OR 5 years’ experience in App Support in large organisation.
Ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results? today
We’re happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make us Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better