6 months ago
Opening date for applications: 22nd January 2019
Closing date for applications: 21st February 2019
Competitive salary applies.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience in writing assistive content at scale.
* Experience in managing help content at a global scale.
* Ability to understand and analyze help traffic patterns and feedback.
* Developed cross-functional communication and collaboration skills.
* Demonstrated analytical skills.
About the job
Technical Writers communicate complex information clearly, concisely and accurately, and without relying on jargon. As a Technical Writer, your role involves tasks such as writing conceptual overviews and procedures, reading and writing example code, or updating help center queries and FAQs. Technical Writers play a big part at Google. They are a key link between engineers, marketing associates, developer advocates, as well as all the external users and developers, tying together many vital but disparate parts of the Google ecosystem.
As a Technical Writer, you will manage the help content strategy for users of the Google Play Console and empower our customers by executing a scaled education strategy with the Play Academy team.
* Execute a continuous improvement strategy for existing help documentation.
* Build and execute a comprehensive developer education strategy with the Play Academy team.
* Work with Developer Support and Business Development teams to act on developer feedback and support trends.
* Measure and socialize developer pain points of our unassisted support platforms.
* Partner with Product, UX and Engineering teams to realize a fully in-product assistive help experience.