3 months ago
* BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
* Relevant experience, such as technical writing, product documentation, or online publishing including experience with writing technical customer-facing materials.
* Experience in project and process management of a documentation set
* Background in problem-solving and innovation.
* Ability to learn and explain new technologies.
* Demonstrated communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
About the job
Technical writers communicate complex information clearly, concisely and accurately, and without relying on jargon. As a technical writer, your role involves tasks such as writing conceptual overviews and procedures, reading and writing example code, or updating help center queries and FAQs. Technical writers play a big part at Google. They are a key link between engineers, marketing associates, developer advocates, as well as all the external users and developers, tying together many vital but disparate parts of the Google ecosystem.
You develop complex, in-depth communications for internal and external audiences and manage projects that involve coordinating multiple junior writers.
As a Technical Writer for Search Infrastructure, you'll be part of a team of others who share our belief that great documentation can create positive change at Google. We support and mentor each other, work collaboratively to solve difficult problems, and leverage our different skills to help developers create amazing experiences in Search. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to write high-visibility, high-impact documentation for Search Platforms. You’ll contribute directly to our flagship Search Developer’s Guide and work with Software Engineers to document the new Search infrastructure and its components.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
* Write, publish, and maintain high-quality internal technical documentation.
* Organize existing documents, identify documentation needs, and spearhead efforts to fill in gaps.
* Collaborate with Engineers, Product Managers, and Technical Program Managers.
* Identify user needs and use cases to prioritize documentation work.