11 months ago
Caring for the world, one person at a time...
inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research
and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the
health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family
of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a
billion people every day, throughout the world. Our Family of Companies
comprises: The world’s premier consumer health company. The world’s largest and
most diverse medical devices company. The world’s third-largest biologics
company. And the world’s sixth-largest pharmaceuticals company. We have more
than 250 operating companies in 57 countries employing 120,200 people.
Take the opportunity to become part of the
success story behind one of the world’s fastest growing consumer companies. At Johnson &
Johnson we have a truly unrivalled brand portfolio with
power brands across multiple categories including but not limited to
Johnson’s®, Neutrogena®, Clean & Clear®, Listerine®, Calpol®, and Sudafed®.
We have achieved consistent growth and our breakthrough plans make this a great
place to further your career.
– Territory Manager 12 Month FTC
– Field Based – London and South Essex
to Southern UK Sales Manager
This role is to maximize direct and indirect sales of AMO
products range from the defined sales territory, whilst controlling costs and
maximizing profitability of territory.
Identification and negotiation of business opportunities to
achieve sales objectives across the equipment product range within the
boundaries of JnJ Vision sales & marketing strategies and the respective
laws and ethical business practices.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Sales: Product promotion, negotiation, contracts
1. Achieves or exceed sales targets in each section of the specialist
2. Liaises with tender adjudicators and decision makers to identify
& influence tender conditions. Monitors and ensures ongoing
performance of contracts & tenders.
3. Lobbies to introduce new products, concepts and surgical techniques
in-line with company strategy. Carries out equipment/product
demonstrations to support the same.
4. Demonstrates effective use of promotional items and literature and
marketing support items.
5. Demonstrates a consistently high level of selling and negotiation
skills in relation to gaining orders and contracts for equipment products.
1. Provides a level of service to existing and potential customers
consistent with company standards.
2. Identifies, communicates and builds strong relations with Key
Opinion Leaders and the entire decision-making chain.
3. Promotes the company products & image to the benefit of the
customer and JnJ Vision.
4. Identifies and proposes new added-value services for the customer,
without reducing profitability.
Planning & Organisation
1. Develops an annual action-oriented Business Plan in-line with
available resources, sales & marketing objectives and follows up
throughout the year.
2. Assures regular and accurate weekly, monthly and quarterly planning
and reporting according to protocols as defined by Sales Manager.
3. Demonstrates effective analytical skills to define and progress our
position in the market place.
4. Maximises time spent with the customer by effective monthly and
daily call planning to achieve agreed activity rate by customer type and
1. Ensures that territory records are kept accurate and up to date
within Company CRM system.
2. Completes all reports and office communication accurately,
including emails and expenses and submits and replies punctually.
3. Maintains all company property in a clean and tidy state.
4. Services company car according to schedule and takes care to avoid
1. Demonstrates a positive and constructive attitude towards
colleagues and other company personnel thus minimising conflict and
2. Provides accurate and timely feedback to relevant departments in
order that any necessary action may be taken.
3. Attends and contributes to the success of relevant events such as
regional, national and international congresses.
1. Actively contributes to the collation of competitive intelligence
updates including clinical and strategic activity.
2. Participates and presents as required at company sales &
training meetings and conferences.
3. Assists as requested in the coaching of new colleagues in the
1. Demonstrates and develops computer skills to facilitate the
achievement of objectives.
2. Develops and maintains an expert knowledge of cataract surgery and
its associated products.
3. Develops and maintains a high level of knowledge of our
competitors’ products, prices and activity.
4. Develops and maintains a detailed understanding of the NHS supply
structure, its personnel and policy and monitors any changes that occur.
5. Exhibits high standards of professionalism, conduct and
behaviour. Promotes a positive and ethical image of the company both
internally and externally.
6. Seeks assistance where appropriate to achieve the best business
outcome and/or to further develop an understanding of the sales process,
negotiation and business management.
7. Undertakes any further duties from time to time as may be
reasonably required by the Company.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
Describe important duties and responsibilities, not mentioned
above, that are less significant and may not critical to accomplishing the core
functions of the job
1. Consignment Management: Liaise with Territory Support Specialist to
ensure Consignment stock levels are in keeping with Company guidelines,
thus maximizing profit through effective Process management of JnJ Vison
IOL product range
1. Consider and identify qualifications potential
applicants must possess in order to be considered for the position. Basic
Qualifications must be clearly stated, objective and relevant to this
Required Minimum Education: A ‘level or Equivalent
Required Years of Related Experience: 3-5yrs
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
(Uncompromised requirements for the role):
(Include any required computer skills,
certifications, licenses, languages, etc.)
Proven sales success of selling within
Hospital (Operating theatre) environment
1. Theatre Access Accreditation/MIA certified
2. Excellent presentation skills
3. Full driving license
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
(Include any preferred computer skills,
certifications, licenses, languages, etc or abilities that are assets to
performing in the role.)
1. Selling background with 'blue chip' FMCG Company.
2. Life Science qualification
3. Negotiation experience
4. Ophthalmology experience
Key Working Relationships
Identify the most important working relationships with people
inside and outside the company including customers, vendors, associations,
etc. Briefly describe the nature of the contacts.
Johnson is a supporter of equal opportunities and is a proud member of Disability
AMO United Kingdom Ltd. (8339)