about 1 year ago
Territory Manager – Abbott Medical Optics
Reporting toRegional Sales Manager
TerritoryHull, Sheffield, Nottingham, Grimsby, Chesterfield, Derby, Rotherham, Doncaster, Lincoln
ProductsCataract and Refractive product range
About Johnson & Johnson
Caring for the world one person at a time inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Our approximately 126,400 employees at more than 230 Johnson & Johnson operating companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Johnson & Johnson Vision
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses portfolio. In 2017, Johnson & Johnson invested further in eye health by expanding into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health. Serving more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries, Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to helping more people in more places improve or restore their sight. Dual headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, and Santa Ana, California, Johnson & Johnson Vision has more than 8,400 employees worldwide.
About the role
Organisation of territory to achieve or exceed the defined sales and market share objectives. Identification and negotiation of business opportunities to achieve sales objectives across the Cataract and Refractive product range within the boundaries of AMO’s sales & marketing strategies and the respective laws and ethical business practices.
· Product promotion, negotiation, contracts & tenders
· Achieves or exceed territory sales targets in each section of the product range and as a whole.
· Liases with tender adjudicators and decision makers to identify & influence tender conditions. Monitors and ensures ongoing performance of contracts & tenders.
· Lobbies to introduce new products, concepts and surgical techniques in-line with company strategy.
· Demonstrates effective use of promotional items and literature and marketing support items.
· Demonstrates a consistently high level of selling and negotiation skills in relation to gaining orders and contracts for equipment products.
· Provides a level of service to existing and potential customers consistent with company standards.
· Identifies, communicates and builds strong relations with Key Opinion Leaders and the entire decision-making chain.
· Promotes the company products & image to the benefit of the customer and AMO.
· Identifies and proposes new added-value services for the customer, without reducing profitability.
Planning and Administration
· Develops an annual action-oriented Business Plan in-line with available resources, sales & marketing objectives and follows up throughout the year.
· Ensures regular and accurate weekly, monthly and quarterly planning and reporting according to protocols as defined by Area Business Manager.
· Demonstrates effective analytical skills to define and progress our position in the market place.
· Maximises time spent with the customer by effective monthly and daily call planning to achieve agreed activity rate by customer type and product group.
· Ensures that territory records are kept accurate and up to date.
· Completes all reports and office communication accurately, including emails and expenses and submits and replies punctually.
· Maintains all company property in a clean and tidy state.
· Services company car according to schedule and takes care to avoid preventable accidents.
· To take responsibility for consignment bank requests and authorise appropriately.
Communication / Interpersonal Skills
· Demonstrates a positive and constructive attitude towards colleagues and other company personnel thus minimising conflict and maximising teamwork.
· Provides accurate and timely feedback to relevant departments in order that any necessary action may be taken.
· Attends and contributes to the success of relevant events such as regional, national and international congresses.
· Actively contributes to the collation of competitive intelligence updates including clinical and strategic activity.
· Participates and presents as required at company sales & training meetings and conferences.
· Assists as requested in the coaching and mentoring of new colleagues in the field.
· Demonstrates and develops computer skills to facilitate the achievement of objectives.
· Develops and maintains an expert knowledge of cataract surgery and its associated products.
· Develops and maintains a high level of knowledge of our competitors’ products, prices and activity.
· Develops and maintains a detailed understanding of the NHS supply structure, its personnel and policy and monitors any changes that occur.
· Exhibits high standards of professionalism, conduct and behaviour. Promotes a positive and ethical image of the company both internally and externally.
· Seeks assistance where appropriate to achieve the best business outcome and/or to further develop an understanding of the sales process, negotiation and business management.
Undertakes any further duties from time to time as may be reasonably required by the Company.
· Operating Theatre experience is essential
· Medical Device experience is essential
· Opthalmic experience is highly desirable
Internal candidates must advise their Line Manager before applying
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, region, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We respectively request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the purpose of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Sheffield, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Nottingham, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Derbyshire, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Hull, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Nottinghamshire, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Doncaster, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Lincolnshire, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Derby, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Rotherham
Abbott Medical Optics, Inc. (6233)