8 months ago
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment company with over 23 million customers across seven countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Functional Test team
As a valued employee, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. What’s more, you’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. As if that’s not enough, our Scotland offices offer a variety of other perks including subsidised canteen, free shuttle bus service, on-site gym and much more to make your experience with us even more enjoyable.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Your key responsibilities:
As a Test Analyst your key responsibilities will include:
- Analysis of requirement and design documentation to define and clarify the test cases.
- Creation and Test Requirements, Test Matrices and Test Scripts and detailed gaptractability analysis.
- Contribution into the creation of low level estimates;
- Data set up and maintenance of relevant test data;
- Execution and evidence collection of test scripts in accordance with Test Approaches;
- Defect identification, raising and reporting and formal feedback of progress against plans, issues, and risks;
- Adherence to internal quality control procedures and test processes;
- Maintenance of internalexternal relationships to ensure quality and required standards are met and maintained, including test planning and execution across multiple third parties;
- Adherence to the expectation of professional ownership as part of the Test Department which requires working outside the above framework when appropriate;
- Previous Telephony Systems knowledge would be helpful.
- Hands-on experience of CRM front end and API testing and back end database testing and API log level validation.
- Test experience using SQL to interrogate Oracle Databases.
- Experience in testing in UNIX environments for both test execution and log file level validation.
- Experience of the creation and execution of functional test materials in HP Quality Centre (ALM) and of working with Jira.
- Proven record of delivering large, complex projects across multiple technology platforms and exposure to the full software development lifecycle across both Waterfall and Agile methodologies;
- Experience of manual XML message manipulation and validation;
- Attention to detail with the ability to articulate where actual results deviate from the expected results and the ability to work in a high-pressured environment and deliver a quality solution under agreed timescales;
Ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results? today
We’re happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make us Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better