4 months ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Test Team
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our Scotland offices have a subsidised canteen, free shuttle bus service, on-site gym and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a member of the Test Team within Data Technology & Operations, you’ll help deliver technical solutions that will meet the business requirements of our partners. This will include defining, estimating, planning and executing manual and automated test scripts as appropriate.
- Produce documentation that state clearly the scope of what will and will not be included in the test coverage, with justification where appropriate, achieve sign off of scope from our partners
- Documents and validates all gaps, risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies with mitigation.
- Ensures consideration given to the use of automation for test scripts or data creation
- Produce automated test scripts, unless by exception manual is the solution, supporting test requirements and coverage, and documents expected results
- Ensures independent, documented quality peer reviews are undertaken on own work
- Ensures test estimates clearly differentiate between man day’s effort and elapsed duration
- Ensure that regression test scripts are maintained in line with ongoing changes to the platform
- Work with and assist the other teams within the department and provide technical & domain input and with the mentoring of associate testers and colleagues during the project lifecycle
- In depth understanding of large scale data, such as data warehouses and their standard methodology and principles of managing them
- Experience of ETL technical design, development and support
- Excellent SQL skills
- Experience of Unix and python scripting
- Experience in Netezza, Oracle are desirable but not essential.
- Comfortable with developing testing capability in automation frameworks
- Technology background that includes as many as possible of - Selenium, Cucumber, LeanFT, Java, Maven, Jenkins, Git
- Demonstrates exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and has a proven ability to influence technical decisions in a dynamic commercial environment.
So, what are you waiting for? now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
A job you love to talk about