4 months ago
Account Manager/Business Development Manager - Healthcare
United Kingdom-London | Switzerland-Geneva
The Economist Group logo
The Economist Group is the leading source of analysis on international business and world affairs. We deliver our information through a range of formats, from newspapers and magazines to conferences and electronic services. What ties us together is the objectivity of our opinion, the originality of our insight and our advocacy of economic and political freedom around the world.
We have a new opportunity within the EMEA Media Business for an Account Manager to develop a portfolio of key accounts made up of both existing and prospect clients and agencies. You will have the chance to oversee our healthcare and industrial client vertical. This will be performed by developing relationships with key client stakeholders in order to understand their marketing needs and then working within Economist Global Media Businesses to provide creative solutions including our product portfolio. This position can be based in either Geneva or London.
How you will contribute:
* Generate sales revenue from both existing and new accounts to reach annual sales targets
* Work with the creative solutions team to develop new ideas and solutions for clients
* Writing creative and effective sales presentations and proposals
* Work seamlessly across the global sales team by sharing information and keeping the relevant teams up to date with account developments
* Partner with other business units to maximize opportunities for The Economist Group
* Maintain an accurate sales database and monitor pipelines and meeting reports
* Forecast projected revenue across business lines
* Demonstrate a strong knowledge of client advertisers, industry trends, competitors, our competition and any content marketing trend
* Develop and maintain long-term relationships with key client accounts and agency contacts
* You will also lead meetings with key clients in the EMEA region
Experience, skills and professional attributes
The desirable skills for this role include:
* Five plus years of Advertising sales or equivalent client experience
* Proven experience of selling content solutions and converting creative client solutions into revenue is ideal
* Experience of producing and presenting innovative and effective sales presentations/documents
* Knowledge of Agency and/or client media planning process is ideal
* A background in Healthcare is beneficial
* The proven ability to influence and communicate persuasively with senior-level stakeholders
* A proven track record of delivering against revenue targets
* A knowledge of and interest in the EMEA marketing & communications landscape
* Proficiency using Database management systems (DSM and Salesforce)
* Fluency in English with French / German desirable
* A strong team player
* The willingness to travel infrequently
* A methodical problem solver
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please submit your CV with a covering note identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team along with your salary expectations.
In return, we provide a supportive and progressive environment with a wide range of opportunities for you to grow both personally and professionally.
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Software Powered by iCIMS