3 months ago
Analytics Implementation Engineer
The Economist Group logo
The Economist is a leading source of analysis on international business and world affairs, published weekly in print and digital editions, and daily through our Espresso app and Economist.com. We deliver our information through a range of formats, from newspapers and magazines to conferences, films and digital editions. What ties us together is the objectivity of our opinion, the originality of our insight and our advocacy of economic and political freedom around the world.
At The Economist we are transforming our data and marketing operations to support the growing needs of a modern digital media business. As a result we have the opportunity for an experienced Analytics Implementation Engineer who will be responsible for defining and implementing digital event tracking across web and apps to meet reporting and insights needs of the business.
You will be working closely with and reporting directly to the Head of Analytics & MarTech as well as senior leadership stakeholders within the marketing and Publisher business.
How you will contribute:
* Collaborate with internal teams (products, data analysts/scientists, marketing) to understand and refine digital tracking needs to generate insights
* Translate these insights requirements into technical solutions specifications including development and refinement of the data layer schema
* Define implementation plans for digital tracking (primarily GA360) to meet reporting and insights requirements
* Set up tracking and analytics using Tealium tag manager with the support of internal product engineering teams
* Interpret data layers to acquire the correct data for a given task via a tag manager (Tealium)
* Perform quality assurance to ensure tracking will meet stated requirements and is aligned to data governance standards
* Proactively review and fix reported issues across web and apps
* Manage work across multiple product teams at any one time to ensure accurate, timely and efficient implementation and tracking deliverables
* Produce and update requirements and technical specifications documentation to ensure all changes are captured from an audit perspective
* Recommend appropriate web site measurement tactics tied to business goals
* Identify new opportunities for tagging efficiency and propose solutions
Experience, skills and professional attributes
The desirable skills for this role include:
* Degree in computer science or other related field
* Demonstrable experience gathering requirements and designing technical solutions to meet stakeholder needs
* Solid experience in implementing analytics solutions ideally using GA 360 (although Adobe Analytics would also be useful)
* Proven experience with Tag Management Tools (Tealium, Google Tag Manager)
* Implementation experience across website and apps
* Clear communicator, strong verbal and written skills to work with technical (developers, engineers) as well as non-technical (business) users
* A strong team player with ability to work independently
Further skills beneficial for this role include:
* Understanding of marketing practices across digital channels (paid search, display, social, mobile, email, etc.)
* Implementation experience working with data layers
* Knowledge of server side tagging (Eventstream)
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please submit your CV with a covering note identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team along with your salary expectations.
In return, we provide a supportive and progressive environment with a wide range of opportunities for you to grow both personally and professionally.
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Software Powered by iCIMS