about 1 month ago
Assistant Manager - Event Registration and Delegate Management
India-Gurgaon | United Kingdom-London
The Economist Group logo
Reporting to the Global Head of Marketing for Events, this role is responsible for managing the delegate registration process of multiple events, globally, for The Economist Events and EuroFinance teams. The global head of registrations will maintain best-in-class customer service, including pre-event, on-site and post-event engagement.
In this role you will help deliver a plan to further integrate both event businesses with shared processes and software systems, creating efficiencies and improvements in delivery. Key to the position is a proactive and solutions oriented approach, excellent communication skills with rigorous attention to detail.
Candidates must have ability to manage multiple tasks under pressure, collaborate within a busy team and interact with senior leaders. They must have the optimal customer journey, from registration to on-the-day experience front of mind.
How you will contribute:
* Manage daily communications at scale through various event inboxes, and over the telephone where applicable, ensuring the highest level customer service
* Recognise and realise opportunities to improve efficiency through automated communications and technology
* Oversee registration management platform, being point of contact for the vendor and acting as a superuser of the system
* Act as quality control for event registration set-up globally
* Manage delegate billing, collections and cancellation policies, liaising with finance and accounting teams on reconciliation
* Process customer data according to Group data privacy regulation, liaising with compliance
* Produce weekly event delegate performance reports
* Manage a small team of direct reports, each with registration responsibility of varied events
* Liaise with the marketing and operations heads to improve onsite registration and customer experience
* Work with sales, marketing and operations to ensure client expectations are met on-site
* Supervision of registration desk on-site at select, core events throughout the year, leading the registration process for participants, answering questions and general problem solving
* Supply onsite reporting for dietary requirements, accommodation and breakout sessions on relevant events
Experience, skills and professional attributes
The ideal skills for this role are:
* In-depth knowledge and experience in customer services or registrations management, ideally in a corporate environment
* Experience in Cvent and OnArrival, or similar registration management platforms, is essential
* Experience in using Salesforce and/or processing data would be required
* Experience of working within events is preferable
* Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with polite telephone manner
* Management experience would be advantageous
* Proficiency in Excel and Word, Outlook
* Exceptional attention to detail
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
* Ideally educated to a degree level
* Excellent analytical skills
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please submit your CV with a covering note identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team along with your salary expectations.
In return, we provide a supportive and progressive environment with a wide range of opportunities for you to grow both personally and professionally.
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Software Powered by iCIMS