3 months ago
Chief Marketing Officer
The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) is the research and analysis division of The Economist Group and the world leader in global business intelligence. The EIU helps leaders prepare for opportunity, empowering them to act with confidence when making strategic decisions. The EIU is the global standard in providing quality, actionable intelligence to the public and private sector, assessing issues that impact the marketplace for over two hundred countries.
Reporting to the CEO of the EIU, the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) will be the key partner to develop and communicate a clear brand and market positioning for the EIU to drive growth. The CMO position carries significant organisational responsibility, accountability and authority for elevating external awareness of the EIU business.
The role will also have responsibility for overseeing and managing an existing B2B marketing operation through a senior global marketing director. The expectation is that the CMO will evangelise the EIU growth objectives through positioning of the EIU brand offering to reach new audiences across a diverse set of geographies, channels and platforms.
How you will contribute:
* Be a strategic partner on the EIU Executive Committee to create a future focused brand vision for the EIU and then execute this in the market to drive business growth
* Act as a strategic brand and communications advisor to the EIU CEO for the business and also partner with Managing Directors of the key businesses to help them position and communicate aligned brand visions in the markets in which they operate
* Create, define and implement a transformational brand vision and growth strategy roadmap aligned with our key strategic goals
* Serve as the SME on all relevant market intelligence (market conditions, industry trends, data analytics,) that contribute to the organization’s growth and industry reputation
* As a key member of the EIU Executive Committee contribute to business strategy and growth more broadly, as well as through functional remit as CMO
* Manage a significant B2B marketing team, through a senior Global Marketing Director; the team is based in London, India and Singapore
* Working closely with the CDO, influence strategy and the way we bring EIU products to market; combining research, positioning, and messaging
* Work closely with the executive management team on internal and external communications
* Develop, manage and utilize all analytics and platforms to track marketing initiatives
* Convert insights into action - see customer acquisition process through from ideation to execution
* Work closely with the The Economist Group CMO and other senior leaders in the Group to ensure the EIU brand is positioned appropriately and any opportunities for collaboration and support are leveraged
Experience, skills and professional attributes
The desirable skills for this role include:
* Proven experience as CMO or Chief Communications Officer in a fast paced businesses
* Must have a successful track record of entrepreneurial leadership, strategic marketing and global business acumen
* Must have demonstrable experience of defining and building brands to drive business growth
* A highly creative and innovative mindset with entrepreneurial spirit to help us shape our growth initiatives and ventures
* Extensive experience developing strategy for digital and direct marketing, market research, social media, content marketing, web presence, mobile channel selection and optimization, creative direction, PR and sales.
* Proven ability to drive change is necessary to continue to advance the quality of the global team’s contributions
* Extensive experience raising the external profile of organisations
* Experienced in leading and developing large and globally dispersed teams
* Excellent knowledge of digital marketing methods and use of data
* Preferably experience of working within professional services and/ or agency environments
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please submit your CV with a covering note identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team along with your salary expectations.
In return, we provide a supportive and progressive environment with a wide range of opportunities for you to grow both personally and professionally.
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Software Powered by iCIMS