about 1 month ago
Commercial Financial Analyst
The Economist Group logo
The Economist is a leading source of analysis on international business and world affairs, published weekly in print and digital editions, and daily through our apps and website. We deliver our information through a range of formats, from newspapers and magazines to conferences, films and audio. What ties us together is the objectivity of our opinion, the originality of our insight and our advocacy of economic and political freedom around the world.
How you will contribute:
* Provide commercial business partnering to the marketing heads of the new subscriber acquisition team
* Take ownership of the business planning and forecasting processes for the new subscriber acquisition team, including preparing the annual budget
* You will be the finance lead for the monthly reforecasting process as well as weekly reporting and variance analysis
* Proactively provide insights and direction to surface risks and opportunities across the business, with the ability to concisely communicate these
* Prepare the monthly results review presentations for both owned and paid acquisition
* Work with the data and marketing teams to embed customer lifetime value as our key investment metric. More specifically you will prepare and review a customer lifetime value update each month, including your investment recommendations
* Maintain and enhance models, ensuring these support using customer lifetime value as the key investment metric.
* Lead on cross functional projects relating to the new subscriber acquisition team
* Ad hoc analysis and support requested by the Global CFO and the Head of Finance
Experience, skills and professional attributes
* A university qualification and/or professional certification (CIMA/ACCA/or equivalent)
* Extensive FP&A/Commercial Finance experience, particularly focussed around planning, forecasting in an international/corporate environment with experience of dealing with executive management
* The ability to build great relationships with both finance and non-finance colleagues
* Strong analytical and numerical skills, with the ability to interpret and present financial data in order to make recommendations
* Intellectually curious, with a growth mindset
* Experience of building and maintaining complex Excel models
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please submit your CV with a covering note identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team along with your salary expectations.
In return, we provide a supportive and progressive environment with a wide range of opportunities for you to grow both personally and professionally.
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Software Powered by iCIMS