3 months ago
Content Lead – Worldwide Cost of Living and Liveability Index
The Economist Intelligence Unit is a leading provider of country, industry and management analysis. As the research arm of The Economist Group, we deliver the information that helps organizations to stay on top of market opportunities and risks around the world.
We are looking for a Content Lead who will be responsible for maintaining and developing the content behind two of The EIU's highest profile city products (Worldwide Cost of Living Index and Liveability Index)and would be working within an international and diverse team in charge our economic & industry data products and models. The role also requires the person to analyse and present results and findings to support our clients and media activity around the product.
How you will contribute:
* Lead the data collection and quality control of the city data-based Cost of Living and Liveability service and the associated biannual survey process
* Manage external contributors and costs while meeting delivery deadlines
* Maintain and develop quality control processes,research methodologies, timetables, costs etc. required in developing and maintaining the content
* Ensure quality assurance through regular quality checks on the data and make sure the data meets evolving international standards of comparability or set definitions of concepts and metrics as appropriate
* Work with the broader economics unit to apply quality assurance using shared resources within the team
* Ensure the smooth delivery of the content to the products and work with the Digital team to ensure and check the uploading and distribution of the output
* Work closely with internal product teams to develop the content required to meett customer’s needs and deliver a data product that is market-ready and customer-centric
City products promotion:
* Provide analysis and support to promotional campaigns for city products by liaising with Sales, Marketing and PR
* Provide analysis and support to analysts representing The EIU WCOL/Liveability offerings to the media(including on TV, radio, and the press) as needed, including at short notice
* Work closely with sales team and join meetings with clients, presenting on developments of The EIU’s Cities products, respond to methodology questions and data quality
Management & Leadership:
* Provide leadership and oversight of a team of researcher and data scientist with the aim of developing and producing high-quality and commercially viable data products
* Manage relations with a large set of external contributors, including recruitment and payment
* Control survey costs and maintain cost budgets
* Project manage content generation and hit hard deadlines in terms of delivering the content
* Support the Product team and Economics Unit Director by providing strategic insights and inputs to help develop the The EIU’s portfolio of City data products and services
* Take charge of specific strategic initiatives, as guided/assigned by the Director, to identify market opportunities, target audience, problem definition and preferred solution path
Experience, skills and professional attributes
The desirable skills for this role include:
* Proven experience in development & management of data based services – ideally for digital subscription based products
* Proven experience in managing research/data teams, often remotely, would be preferred
* Prior knowledge/understanding of intricacies of city level data and global urban affairs would be preferred
* Strong expertise in MS Excel, VBA, SQL
* Strong secondary research skills
* Strong command in spoken and written English
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please submit your CV with a covering note identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team along with your salary expectations.
In return, we provide a supportive and progressive environment with a wide range of opportunities for you to grow both personally and professionally.
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Software Powered by iCIMS