5 months ago
Digital Communications Senior Manager
The Economist logo
The Economist is the leading source of analysis on international business and world affairs. We deliver our information through a range of formats, from newspapers and magazines to conferences and digital services. What ties us together is the objectivity of our opinion, the originality of our insight and our advocacy of economic and political freedom around the world.
The Communications department is responsible for raising awareness for The Economist’s brand, content, and business programs and family of businesses. We share stories of our successes among internal and external audiences.
Currently, we are seeking a Digital Communications Senior Manager to join our world class Communications and work closely with the global Communications team to help grow awareness for The Economist brand and our family of products and services, content and business activities through digital public relations, influencer outreach and social media relations.
The successful candidate will possess a strong interest and understanding of the news environment along with strong analytical, writing and people skills. In this role, you help grow awareness of The Economist’s mind-stretching journalism among key communities through earned opportunities. You have creative ideas about how to approach influencer relations for a journalistic brand. You are a true newshound who may have some experience as a journalist or at a minimum thinks like one.
How you will contribute:
* Develop and execute a plan to reach key communities and influencers as a way to extend the reach of The Economist’s mind-stretching journalism
* Develop relationships with key influencers and brand advocates to drive impact and trackable results
* Identify actionable moments - positive and negative - in digital and social channels and make recommendations for action; Monitor and report on brand health
* Serve as day to day contact with social monitoring service provider or other vendors
* Develop and grow influencer relationships for key content verticals; coordinate outreach with Director and Senior Manager
* Develop and report digital metrics that work in conjunction with overall department metrics to showcase impact; generate ad hoc reports as needed
* Maintain and manage activity tracking system. Contribute to weekly internal activity report and monthly department report
* Work with Director and Senior Manager to develop comprehensive outreach campaigns for key reports and corporate announcements
* Manage and grow PR social accounts; Develop new accounts as needed; Follow internal security policies and guidelines
* Support business activities and marketing programs among relevant communities
* Assist with other department projects and activities - i.e. award entries, internal programs, materials development - as needed
Experience, skills and professional attributes
The ideal skills for this role:
* At least three years of experience working in a related PR role or as a journalist
* An understanding of social networks, and new emerging trends and platforms
* A proven track record of developing relationships with key influencers to drive impact
* An ability to operate in a global arena and work nimbly under pressure
* Ability to be a strong ambassador for the Communications team
* A confident and professional manner when dealing with internal clients and stakeholders
* Strong writing and proofreading skills
* You are a well organized self starter and able to work independently
* A team player with a journalistic sensibility and high regard for The Economist brand and content
* Experience with social media management and analytics tools
* Experience and demonstrated skill with data analysis and reporting
* A deep understanding of news creation process and news cycles
* Must be a confident communicator and presenter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Possess the ability to keep information confidential
* An ability to manage multiple projects
* An interest in politics, business and current affairs is a plus
* Familiarity with the G-suite of tools, Google Analytics, Sprinklr, Meltwater
* Strong attention to detail and be proactive, reliable, responsible and accurate
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please submit your CV with a covering note identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team along with your salary expectations.
In return, we provide a supportive and progressive environment with a wide range of opportunities for you to grow both personally and professionally.
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Software Powered by iCIMS