4 months ago
Head of Product
The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) is a world leader in global business intelligence. We help businesses, the financial sector and governments to understand how the world is changing and how that creates opportunities to be seized and risks to be managed.
At our heart is a 50 year forward look, a global forecast of the majority of the world’s economies, we seek to predict the future and deliver that insight through multiple channels and insights, allowing our clients to take better trading, investment and policy decisions.
At EIU we’re changing: by embedding real-time, alternate data sources such as GPS and satellite data into our forecasting, products will increasingly be tailored to individual clients and will be driven by some of the most innovative data in the market. A highly collaborative team of Product Managers, Customer Experience and Product Engineering is being created with a focus on creating business and customer value driven by real time analytics, alongside our traditional products.
Currently we are seeking a Head of Product who will create and lead our product management practice across our digital products and channels, looking after a small team of Product Managers and working collaboratively with our Editorial Heads, Analysts and data scientists to build a strong product culture. You’ll be supported by our team of Engineers, Designers and QA, and our sales and marketing functions. You’ll also work in tandem with our new Head of Customer Experience to establish a user centred culture and bring the client needs directly to the heart of our products.
How you will contribute:
* Establish a product management capability, developing our methodologies and frameworks in an organisation that is seeking to be product led from top to bottom
* Working with Product Managers and the Head of Customer Experience develop a shared vision for product, defining road-maps, championing the user, analysing their needs, quantitatively or qualitatively, to deliver a world class product
* Own the product development life-cycle including product discovery and agile development methodologies in a close working relationship with Product Engineering
* Work with the Analytics team to define metrics that drive product insight and foster a culture of data-driven decision making.
* Work closely with the Director of Technology to define the architectures and technologies required to deliver the product vision
Experience, skills and professional attributes
The ideal skills for this role are:
* Senior experience in product management preferably leading a global team with experience of data products and/or complex data architectures and multiple product interactions
* You will have launched multiple new products as well as having experience in leading the continuous improvement of more established products.
* Data-driven and hypothesis led with the ability to balance user research and business objectives
* Results oriented. You can cut to the core of a problem, identify what needs to be done and when, and work with the teams to get solutions shipped
* Your product toolkit probably includes jobs to be done framework, user story mapping, user testing methods, user persona's, value proposition design, and road-map management with a variety of stakeholders
* Experience working with agile teams – you know and can promote agile best practice
* Great at prioritising & making decisions – not afraid to say no
* Place a strong value in great design, but understand the commercial realities of a mid-size B2B business
* Ability to motivate and drive cross-functional teams without formal authority
* Experience applying Design Thinking/Service Design and worked in strategic positions informing products/services direction
* Experience of working in a B2B environment with commercial and customer experience
* Led creative teams from discovery to delivery and iteration to excellence, ideally relating to subscription products
* Led agile teams to iterate and develop products with demonstrable successes.
* Evangelising CX processes and benefits, and a strong understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
* Rapid development of prototypes, informed by research and testing ad skilled at communicating to stakeholders with varying levels of technical knowledge
Additional key competencies:
* Establishing new cultures and new approaches to product development
* Creative team management and a history of customer focused innovation
* Effective communication skills at all organisational levels
* Scope prioritisation and specification streaming
* Portfolio and programme leadership
* Strong attention to detail, skilled problem solver and a strong negotiator
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please submit your CV with a covering note identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team along with your salary expectations.
In return, we provide a supportive and progressive environment with a wide range of opportunities for you to grow both personally and professionally.
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Software Powered by iCIMS