2 months ago
Managing Editor, Financial Services Thought Leadership
The Economist Group logo
The Economist Group is the leading source of analysis on international business and world affairs. We deliver our information through a range of formats, from newspapers and magazines to conferences and electronic services. What ties us together is the objectivity of our opinion, the originality of our insight and our advocacy of economic and political freedom around the world.
Our content marketing business produces high quality editorial content for a wide range of global corporate, government, and non-profit clients. Our editorial team comprises editors with four levels of expertise in areas including general editorial skills, client management, research methodologies, collaboration, and management.
The Managing Editor - Financial services, Thought Leadership, helps to create, develop and drive these programmes for clients in the financial services sector, drives development of our business in this market, ensures all content is high quality and meets our editorial guidelines and standards, and manages junior editors on the team.
How will you contribute?
* Conceptualise and produce content programmes, which may include background research, drafting and analysing surveys, engaging authors and other vendors, editing of written work, video and infographics, presenting and facilitating at events\
* Develop proposals in collaboration with colleagues across the group, with a focus on developing distinctive ideas and deliverables that meet the client's needs and our business guidelines
* Understand research methodologies and develop expertise in which to use when
* Manage project budgets to meet financial targets
* Manage and mentor junior staff
* Ensure that all programmes produced are of the highest quality, and that the editorial integrity of The Economist Intelligence Unit is upheld at all times
* Work closely with the sales team to understand client goals and develop business
Experience, skills and professional attributes
The ideal skills for this role are:
* A bachelor’s degree (advanced degree preferred). Relevant areas of study include but are not limited to economics, finance, business, English and communications
* Strong understanding of, and experience working with, the financial services sector with secondary knowledge in Technology or Healthcare
* Editorial expertise across formats (including text, graphic, video) as well as skills in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Adobe Illustrator
* Excellent writing, editing and presentation skills
* Clear ability to weave data, interviews and other research together into compelling content or research reports across formats; clear ability to suggest the right formats to make various types of content engaging for various audiences
* Outstanding client presence, experience dealing with senior executives, and managing outside contributors and vendors
* Experience managing multiple projects, deadlines, and priorities simultaneously
* Strong public speaking skills
* Supervisory/management experience
* Native English language skills
* Experience with WordPress or other Content Management Systems a plus
* Ability to move quickly up the learning curve on any topic from new financial products to regulation and technologies; intellectual curiosity
* Ease in uncertain environments, flexibility, openness to change
* Self-starter, with the drive to set and reach ambitious goals
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please submit your CV with a covering note identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team along with your salary expectations.
In return, we provide a supportive and progressive environment with a wide range of opportunities for you to grow both personally and professionally.
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Software Powered by iCIMS