about 1 month ago
Marketing Assistant -EIU, Public Policy
The Economist Intelligence Unit (The EIU) is the world leader in global business intelligence. Established in 2016, the EIU’s Public Policy Consulting practice specialises in evidence-based insights that create impact by building awareness and influencing policy on the biggest issues facing our world. We do this by connecting organisations’ strategies to policy aims and delivering solutions that empower clients to shape policy issues with influencers inside and outside government. Our clients include leading companies, governments and non-profits.
The Public Policy Consulting practice is an entrepreneurial, high-growth, global team. In order to advance the business, we seek a Marketing Assistant who will report to the Marketing Manager for Consulting, and will be based in London. You will be responsible for supporting and implementing marketing programs to establish a strong brand voice and drive profitable growth. As a relatively new business, developing brand awareness and credibility is critical. You will work collaboratively with cross-functional teams such as consultants, business development, digital design, and senior leadership.
As a Marketing Assistant you will demonstrate B2B marketing capabilities with a strong focus on content marketing and knowledge of the social media environment. You will have experience in writing and producing stand-out, resonant content that is shared across key social and digital platforms. You will be responsible for writing brand content for the Public Policy audiences and possess a natural intellectual curiosity and keen interest current affairs globally.
How you will contribute:
* Execute plans to support the brand positioning and content marketing of the Public Policy
business. This may include big picture initiatives as well as the execution of high-quality product and program launches
* Develop high-quality written materials, including press releases; newsletters; specialised campaigns, Public Policy website, etc. for a Public Policy audience
* You will help to establish an iconic and unparalleled brand and voice by writing brand content for the Public Policy team and ensure brand consistency across all engagements
* Deliver appropriate metrics, monitor campaign performance, optimise content and its distribution in real time and report on performance
* Maintain and coordinate the marketing and social content plan, adapting global and regional content and sharing locally produced content to regional and global markets where relevant
* Manage relationships between Public Policy leadership team, outside suppliers (graphic designers, photographers, events coordinators, etc.) and, as appropriate, other internal and external audiences (e.g., PR agency, digital team, etc.) regarding all marketing and content
Experience, skills and professional attributes
Desirable skills for this role include:
* A strong interest in public policy
* Previous experience working on social platforms (including but not limited to FB, LinkedIn, Twitter)
* Demonstrable writing ability
* The ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders effectively to deadlines
* Strong creative thinking
* Excellent interpersonal skills
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please submit your CV with a covering note identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team along with your salary expectations.
In return, we provide a supportive and progressive environment with a wide range of opportunities for you to grow both personally and professionally.
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Software Powered by iCIMS