3 months ago
Marketing Manager - Economist Events
The Economist is a leading source of analysis on international business and world affairs. We deliver our information through a range of formats, from newspapers and magazines to conferences and electronic services. What ties us together is the objectivity of our opinion, the originality of our insight and our advocacy of economic and political freedom around the world.
Currently, we are seeking a Marketing Manager for a 12 month maternity cover based in London. The candidate will play a pivotal role in securing delegate attendance and hitting revenue targets through a number of marketing channels for a broad portfolio of global events. The successful candidate will develop and execute multiple marketing campaigns, create and maintain budgets and manage marketing partner and external client relationships that will ensure the success of our Event marketing initiatives.
How you will contribute:
* Develop and execute effective marketing campaigns for various events based on market research and using a range of channels (web/email/print campaigns, telemarketing, social media, direct mail, etc.)
* Excellent client and external stakeholder management skills
* Manage a team of 3 high performing marketing executives strategically, driving executional excellence with an eye on developmental planning
* Create and maintain project budgets, timelines, and marketing communication
* Manage marketing partner relationships with external media publications, and industry and professional associations, including identification, outreach, barter negotiations, onboarding, and ongoing communications
* Monitor, track, and provide analysis to help measure the effectiveness of campaigns
* Coordinate front-end, creative production and back-end support for event marketing campaigns
* Act as a liaison for events marketing across other areas of the events business, including sponsorship, programming and operations, graphic design, as well as throughout the wider Economist Group
* Understand and anticipate internal and external customer needs with the ability to think creatively and problem solve efficiently
* Perform competitive analysis and analyse points of differentiation across events
* Update regular reports detailing delegate revenue and effectiveness of marketing activities
* Execute effective PR strategies for events, working with external PR agencies and sponsors to help generate wider coverage
* Develop and implement a social media plan appropriate to the target market, promoting through Facebook, Twitter, YouTube as well as relevant blogs, forums and online communities
* Develop content for all marketing materials and distributions, including emails, banner ads, print ads, digital ads, press releases and social media posts.
* Manage numerous projects and budgets simultaneously at different stages in their lifecycle
* Work with external clients to ensure contractual obligations are executed from a marketing standpoint
Experience, skills and professional attributes
The desirable skills for this role include:
* Proven event marketing experience, ideally in a B2B environment
* A strong understanding of the customer journey, acquisition process and digital marketing channels
* Previous managerial experience of high performing marketing teams
* Knowledge of tools / systems, including Google Analytics, Eloqua / another ESP, Cvent (or similar registration platforms) and back-end website editing tools
* Interested in exploring new marketing methods, and optimising traditional channels, thinking creatively about new ways to reach audiences
* Excellent written English and proof-reading skills – mastery of a second language would also be an advantage
* Excellent campaign tracking, reporting and analytical skills at campaign and customer level
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please submit your CV with a covering note identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team along with your salary expectations.
In return, we provide a supportive and progressive environment with a wide range of opportunities for you to grow both personally and professionally.
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Software Powered by iCIMS