4 months ago
Product Marketing Manager, E.com
The Economist Group logo
Our digital products (currently our websites, apps, newsletters and audio editions) are significant drivers of profit whilst providing readers with a means to enjoy our digital content. This role, reporting into the Director, contributes to ensuring that our digital web products e.g. Economist.com, are marketed effectively to our customers, across the journey from paywall, to registration, to communications with registered users and actively ensuring traffic levels are to expectation and subscription sales are performing in line with targets. The objectives of this role are aligned with those on the relevant product squad, and will be jointly strived for.
* Implement the tactics that fall out of the defined marketing strategy for Economist.com
* Help the Director to deliver the maximum volume of traffic to, and subscriptions from, Economist.com and other web products
* Assist the Director in analysing traffic-driving sources and then implementing, via collaboration with other members of the marketing team, solutions for boosting traffic
* Assist the Director with reporting on performance with meaningful KPIs, including traffic, engagement, conversion and revenue per user to the circulation team, working with the source from the data and analytics team
* Work in partnership with peers in the paid acquisition and retention teams to ensure we make the best use of E.com within the wider context of all of our marketing efforts
* Work in partnership with digital product squads and the marketing team to build an engaged customer base for each product
How will you contribute?
* Ensuring that each and every piece of subscriptions advertising on Economist.com is executed with excellence
* Ensuring that the level of inventory on E.com that is dedicated to subscriptions marketing is optimal, when balanced with other competing sources of demand for inventory e.g. paid advertising
* Providing the Director with accurate reporting into the commercial performance of all aspects of subscriptions marketing on Economist.com
* Working with peers to ensure tags are firing and providing the necessary data to accurately assess performance
* Reporting on competitor activity
Experience, skills and professional attributes
The ideal skills for this role are:
* Understanding of digital product marketing
* Drive tp excel in marketing communications, thorough respect for brand principles
* Flawless accuracy in execution of marketing communications
* Ability to work well in a team to operate effectively in an environment with cross-functional squads
* Experience in driving global subscription revenue
* Passion for digital innovation, marketing and consumer preference in the wider market place
* Analytical, measured, data-led approach on recommendations
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please submit your CV with a covering note identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team along with your salary expectations.
In return, we provide a supportive and progressive environment with a wide range of opportunities for you to grow both personally and professionally.
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Software Powered by iCIMS