3 months ago
The Economist Events is the award-winning events and conferences division of The Economist Group. Drawing on the editorial resources of The Economist, we provide world-class speaker lists and audience-led events. We now have the opportunity for a Programme Assistant to help support the Programme Editors to manage speaker invitations.
The Programme Assistant will be responsible for providing integral assistance to programme editors who are in charge of creating programmes and securing world-class speakers for Economist Events. The role requires strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to manage multiple complex projects. This position will suit an enthusiastic and ambitious person with a keen interest in global affairs.
How you will contribute:
* Researching speakers, developing an understanding of why certain speakers would be suited to an event
* Producing compelling personalised speaker invitations
* Researching and proactively keeping track of speaker contact details, communications and requirements and ensuring all records are up to date. This involves working in Salesforce and Excel
* Following up speaker invitations by email or phone to ensure they are received and to check contact details
* Being responsible for managing speaker communications and logistics in the lead up to events. This includes:
* Collecting required information from speakers such as biography, photo, video release form, dinner attendance
* Setting calls between speakers and programmer editors or moderators
* proactively communicating with confirmed speakers regularly
* responding to inbound speaker queries
* managing speaker and moderator travel requirements
* coordinating protocol and security requirements for government and other high-level speakers
* Coordinating with marketing, sponsorship, operations and other teams to ensure smooth planning for and running of events
* Ensuring that all written and oral communications meet the standards of The Economist.
Experience, skills and professional attributes
The desirable skills for this role include:
* A degree in Language, Media, Policy, Economics or a related discipline is desirable
* 1-2 years of work experience is an advantage
* Proficiency in written and spoken English is a core requirement
* The ability to communicate with stakeholders on the phone in a confident and professional manner in a range of situations is ideal
* The ability to speak and write in Spanish is desirable
* The ability to communicate effectively and professionally with senior-level business and government representatives (both from within The Economist Group and externally)
* Outstanding administrative and project management skills
* A highly organized and proactive temperament, with the ability to juggle competing demands and work on several projects simultaneously
* The ability to work as part of a cross-functional team
* Problem solving and analytical capabilities, combined with an ability to carefully follow instructions and processes
* Keen editorial judgement
* A clear understanding of The Economist and The Economist Events brands
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please submit your CV with a covering note identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team along with your salary expectations.
In return, we provide a supportive and progressive environment with a wide range of opportunities for you to grow both personally and professionally.
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Software Powered by iCIMS