3 months ago
Senior Marketing Manager, Audience Development
The Economist Group logo
The Economist is one of the world’s most influential publications with a circulation of more than 1.5m worldwide and with a significant presence in EMEA region. The Economist seeks to further strengthen its presence in the region by expanding its paid subscriber base.
The Senior Marketing Manager, Audience Development will lead marketing initiatives for Experiential, Partnership & Agents for the EMEA region. She/He will also be responsible for budget planning, financial reporting and forecasting for these channels. As a senior member of a Global Marketing team, she/he will be responsible for working with multiple stakeholders across regions.
How you will contribute?
Strategy: Extend the global marketing strategy in the region with a sound channel mix to support business objectives and achieve targets across EMEA
Channel management: oversee Experiential, Partnerships and Agents in EMEA. In general, proactively manage these channels to drive new initiatives and more specifically:
* Lead experiential marketing activity in the EMEA region which will include budget management, concept development, content strategy, agency management, approving monthly activity and location plans, optimisation of concepts and on-the-ground experience.
* Liaise with marketing team members, including PR to deliver integrated campaigns from time to time.
* Drive starts globally by extending existing EMEA partnerships to other regions, ensuring the implementation of campaign activity, clear communication on budgets and starts to the other regions and establishing new partnerships through a global best practice matrix
* Manage relationship and marketing plans with partners to ensure cost-effective and successful campaigns
* Maintain the overview of agreements with partners, and build new and innovative partnerships to further grow circulation.
* Manage agents across EMEA to ensure their commissions and contracts are set to deliver top business results and processes are optimized.
* Manage the day-to-day relationship with them and ensure that objectives are in place and met, and regular pro-active campaigns are executed.
Channel development: Proactive approach towards testing of new subscription acquisition opportunities within defined CPA limits and effectively leveraging levers to optimize ALTV for all channels.
Operations: Work closely with relevant stakeholders, both internal and external, to ensure campaigns are executed effectively, including clear communication of marketing plans with fulfillment partner.
Financial responsibility: Manage channel acquisition marketing budget/forecast, invoice processing, prepare monthly marketing expenses and subscription starts forecast.
Contract negotiations: handle contract negotiations with new and existing partners to optimise commercial benefit to the business and liaise with Legal finalise contracts with external entities.
Reporting: Responsible for generating reports, tracking results of all acquisition campaign, surfacing valuable insights from results including recommendations for improvement, scale or discontinuance. Provide strategic inputs on market level insights and information derived from activities managed for the region.
Global: Collaborate with other regions to share learnings and leverage best practices.
Team management: Manage, motivate and develop team member when appropriate. Effectively manage a support resource to ensure smooth operations and accurate reporting in a timely manner.
* Forecasting real-world spend and starts for EMEA
* Campaign implementation related decisions
* Managing marketing budget on specified areas
* Processing and reconciling all invoices
* Staff development of direct report and holiday sign-off
Experience, skills and professional attributes
The desirable skills for this role include:
* Educated to degree level in any discipline. Masters or Post Graduation in Marketing is a plus
* In-depth, customer-focused, B2C marketing experience
* Development of new business channels with a local market approach
* Demonstrable track record of using marketing communications to deliver exceptional revenue and bottom line results
* Campaign management and understanding of response tracking and interpretation of campaign results
* Budgeting and financial forecasting
* Understanding of profitability management and accountability
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
* Experience using CMS systems and data visualisation tools a plus
* Fluent in English (written and spoken)
* Any other European language will be an added advantage
* Well-organised and good project management skills
* Attention to detail
* Team management and agency management
* High level of numeracy essential
* Dynamic, energetic and organised
* Willing to travel as required
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please submit your CV with a covering note identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team along with your salary expectations.
In return, we provide a supportive and progressive environment with a wide range of opportunities for you to grow both personally and professionally.
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Software Powered by iCIMS