Job Title: Events Officer
Salary: from £22,280 up to £29,700 per annum (dependent upon experience) + pension benefit + 34 days annual leave (includes Bank Holidays and Company Days)
Working Hours: 37 hours per week
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 3rd October - Midnight
Interview date: Thursday 12th October 2017
Our Client is on a roll. Participation and membership are rising, their fan base is growing, and their medal-winning British Team has never been so prolific. As one of the most successful sports governing bodies in the UK, they are thrilled with what's been achieved. This really is a remarkable time to be involved in gymnastics, and they are very proud of the part they have played in driving the development, delivery, promotion and success of the sport.
The overall purpose of this role is to effectively plan, deliver and monitor nominated national events and make a strong positive contribution to British Gymnastics Major event programme.
The responsibilities of the role will include:
- Working independently with limited guidance from the Events Manager
- Define the scope and specification of the designated events to act as the baseline for planning and delivery
- Undertake the necessary hotel search, venue search, selection and contracting process
- Establish the event workforce (officials, volunteers and contractors)
- Co-ordinate invitations, programmes, ticket promotion and ticket prices
- Communicate with suppliers and partners
- Establish the budget
- Ensure rules and regulations are upheld
- Act as the key point of contact between the venue management and for the operational delivery of the event
- Ensure wherever possible that the event runs according to the schedule and plan
- Manage the resolution of any issues that arise
- Collect feedback and identify areas that can be improved for future events
- Support the other members of the Event team to ensure everyone can meet their objectives
- Make a positive contribution towards the wider success of BG's major event strategy and come up with new ideas to drive this forward
- Monitor and control a monthly budget
- Work effectively with colleagues from other areas of the business
The ideal individual will have/be able to demonstrate:
- Exceptional organisational skills
- The ability to plan in advance and multitask to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Competent administration skills and a good working knowledge of IT systems and databases
- A good understanding of budgets
- A good understanding of health and safety legislation and processes
- Attention to detail and the ability to work sensitively with confidential information
- Flexibility in working hours and travel
- Handle and action confidential and sensitive personal information
- Ability to work under pressure (for example, when late changes are made to events)
- Manage unusual developments
- Able to make decisions independently
Our Client is an equal opportunities employer and aims to provide a discrimination-free working environment.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and cover letter.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Tourism Officer, Tourism & Events Officer, Tourism Coordinator, Communications Officer, Events Officer, Events Coordinator, Event Assistant, Exhibitor Assistant, Event Administrator, Exhibitor Services, Exhibition Administration, Events Administrator, Exhibition, Tourism Executive will also be considered for this role.