8 months ago
The Marketing Executive will be part of our talented, agile and innovative Brand & Trade Marketing team, which is in charge of raising awareness of Future and telling our stories to various audience groups including client and agencies, corporate investors, consumers and employees.
He/she will play a key role in bringing our stories to life across various channels, with a focus on digital platforms and innovative communication techniques.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to develop in the fast-changing and exciting world of digital media and join an entrepreneurial and highly agile environment.
The Marketing Executive will gain valuable exposure to different areas of the business including advertising and content marketing, product development, e-commerce and events. They will collaborate on a daily basis with some of the best creative, editorial and commercial professionals in the industry.
Key role responsibilities:
Working closely with the Head of Brand & Trade Marketing.
The Marketing Executive will be responsible for assisting the Trade Marketing team across marketing, internal communications and corporate material. Working closely with the sales teams to deliver marketing collateral, supported by market and consumer insights to drive revenue, as well as helping update the corporate website and assisting on corporate decks.
* Translate consumer-facing messaging into compelling marketing materials for advertising agencies and clients
* Ensure sales team are trained and conversant in Future’s brand portfolio, including creating base sales material
* Create a market and consumer insight reports (using tools including Kantar’s TGI and Google Analytics)
* Assist in managing the Future research panel community, including writing questionnaires and analysing raw data
* Contribute to running Future’s corporate website and social media platforms
* Coordinate internal emails with the marketing communications team
* Help search and pull out events that will offer the biggest commercial value for the sales team
* Assist with messaging and design of corporate communication decks
* Help manage ad effectiveness studies as needed from time to time to support commercial deals
Essential skills and experience:
* A university degree – ideally based on marketing or business courses
* A keen interest and experience in media, publishing and digital industries
* 18 months minimum work experience in a publishing/media business
* A clear understanding and passion for Future’s portfolio of brands and products and a real connection to our audience
* The ability to be both a team player, and be able to work unaided using your own initiative
* Ambition and desire to succeed
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to present ideas clearly and confidently
* Excellent numerical ability
* Excellent computer literacy – Gmail, Google Docs, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint
* An entrepreneurial and innovative approach
* The ability to work in an environment that changes at a pace
* Commercial awareness
* An ability to problem solve and use initiative
* An adaptable, proactive and flexible approach
* Customer / client focus
Desirable skills and experience:
* An interest in and basic understanding of the online advertising ecosystem, social media, digital and mobile marketing
* A high level of project management skills
* An ability to multi-task and efficiently manage time and priorities
* Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels