3 months ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Trading Team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a Trading Performance Analyst, you will be part of the team responsible for the in-quarter Customer & Product Net Growth performance.
- Gain a deep understanding of the trading drivers to optimise in-quarter performance. Be seen as the primary point of contact within the Trading team for performance updates.
- Perform valuable analysis and provide insights to allow the business to make better informed trading decisions.
- Take ownership of key reporting and forecasting models - Own the reporting and forecasting templates. Improve their efficiency and accuracy, make sure that data is consistent across files. Be able to collect the data from different sources, understand and assess the integrity of the data, ensure the reporting is accurate and delivered on time.
- Support the weekly forecasting process - Generate and deliver robust forecasting across sales and retention metrics. Support the team with the weekly forecasting process in line with timelines. Liaise with rest of the Trading Performance team to lock down weekly position and explain variances against target.
- Provide mitigation or go-faster recommendations – Use your trading insight to identify opportunities risks to our forecast and make recommendations to the Controller and Head of Trading to ensure the business continues to grow and generate revenues profit.
- Support the preparation of weekly trading meeting - Use above analysis and insights to support the team preparing for weekly trading session by feeding in key data charts graphs across sales and retention at route-to-market level.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills including a good working understanding of Excel with the ability to build, manage and maintain large and complex templates in a variety of formats and quickly adapt to business requirements.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) – able to communicate effectively with a wide number of stakeholders up to Head of Department level.
- Brilliant collaborator – able to work across a matrix organisation with the Commercial Team, Route to Market Teams, Marketing and Finance to ensure the Sky leadership team makes informed and timely trading decisions.
- Passionate with an inquisitive and result driven mind set - willing to understand the business environment and the product and able to continually critique and optimise performance with a positive mind-set.
- Ability to understand financial and commercial indicators – able to convert data (what) in to business insights (why) and provide actionable recommendations (so-what)
- Great attention to detail and ability to prioritise workloads according to business focus
So, what are you waiting for? now for a chance to craft your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
A job you love to talk about