7 months ago
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
The newly created Sales & Marketing Commercial Group will be responsible for driving customer value & satisfaction within the UK. This includes developing all pricing, packaging and commercial propositions, customer value management, below the line marketing, go-to-market & route-to-market strategy, and in-quarter trading & performance.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there’s a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
Your Key Responsibilities
The Trading Manager will be part of the team responsible for the in-quarter optimisation & forecasting of Sky’s wide product portfolio. They will need to understand the trading levers available to them e.g. media spend & product mix, and make recommendations to optimise customer and P&L performance.
• Trading Expertise – Become the expert in your specific product sales, good understanding of the keys drivers of trading performance at a route to market level to ensure that the available levers to optimise customer & P&L performance in-quarter are utilised
• Trading insight –Deliver a suite of trading insight to ensure that trading performance can be articulated accurately and in a timely manner – including root-cause diagnosis of any over or under performance
• Forecasting – Use your trading insight and expertise to build accurate forecasts of product performance to ensure an accurate outlook for Sky overall net growth and financial forecasting. Use the latest tools and automation to speed up and improve the accuracy of our forecasting
• Provide mitigation or go-faster recommendations –Identify opportunities risks to our forecast and make recommendations on options to course correct to ensure the business continues to grow and flourish; generating revenue, customer and profit growth
• Credible and able to present work up to the Director of Performance, with excellent presentation skills - written and verbal
• Brilliant collaborator able to work across a matrix organisation to ensure the Sky leadership team makes informed and timely trading decisions
• Tireless and results driven mentality, able to continually critique and optimise performance with a Positive mind-set
• Ability to understand financial and commercial indicators with great attention to detail and ability to prioritise workloads according to business focus
• Excellent numeracy skills along with technical skills including exceldatabasemodelling; with the ability to manage and maintain large and complex data in a variety of formats to build actionable plans - spreadsheets, templates and trackers
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, today.
Happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better