6 months ago
Trading Analyst (Acquisitions)
Job Number: 16564
Location: Acton Support Centre (123)
Contract: Full Time / Permanent
iD Mobile is an exciting place to work. We’re a young and dynamic start-up, and we value innovation, imagination and creativity. If you’ve got a great idea, we’ll help you run with it. We’re passionate about finding new ways to address our customers’ needs.
We’re a little different to other start-ups though, because we’re part of Dixons Carphone PLC, Europe's leading electrical and mobile retailer. So although iD has only been going for a couple of years, we’re part of a much bigger family.
This is a newly created role responsible for collating and presenting data and customer insight to generate ideas and propositions that keep customers on the iD network as long as possible
* Produce daily and weekly sales reporting to understand key drivers of performance across categories and channels
* Support the Handset Trading Manager with pricing decisions including pricing recommendations, analysis of performance and briefing
* Help build Handset promotional plans including the investment of manufacturer funding, commercial analysis and go to market planning
* End to end management of Sim Free category including set up, pricing and market analysis to optimise margin
* Support in driving the Carphone Warehouse channel to identify opportunities to drive performance
* Work closely with the Web trading team to understand key drivers, opportunities across channels and online merchandising
* Ensure pricebook accuracy and challenge Commercial team on profitability assumptions
* Own new handsets launches from briefing to online execution
* Produce weekly competitor reviews to include recommended price changes, market trends and insight into new competitor propositions
You will need:
* Excellent numerical and analytical skills incl. Microsoft Excel
* Highly proactive and ne able to prioritise in a fast paced environment
* Good commercial awareness
* Good stakeholder management skills & experience working cross-functionally
* Educated to a degree level xdesirablex
* xOptionalx Experience in telco or similar subscription based businesses
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.