3 months ago
Trainee Management Accountant
Updated at, 2018-12-21T10:26:03-05:00
This is an opportunity to join the company’s finance team in a very commercial role. The successful candidate will work in a team of 10 and report directly to the Senior Management Accountant, but will have contact with other senior members of the management team. You will be responsible for the the accounts on our award winning brand, Buyacar.
Working closely with the Senior Management Accountant, you will deliver accurate profit and loss management account in line with monthly deadlines, review balance sheet recs providing feedback and commentary each month with key areas including debtors and creditors analysis.
You will be the point of contact for the Buyacar operations team on a daily basis, ensuring all documentation is up to date on the finance system and check are complete so that cars can be paid for and delivered to customers. Other responsibilities for this opportunity include preparation of VAT returns, daily completion of bank reconciliations and ensuring that marginal relief is calculated accurately and all VAT invoices are processed in line with regulations.
Ensure all documentation is up to date on the finance system and checks are complete so that cars can be paid for and then delivered to the customer.
You are a recent Finance (or related) graduate with advanced Excel skills and have a strong desire to study an ACCA / CIMA.
Being a team player is essential, with great interpersonal and communications skills and an ambitious, proactive mindset.
At Dennis, we’re dedicated to creating brands that people want to work with, and a culture that people want to work in. We’re unique, and so are you. You’ll enjoy a host of benefits and perks when you join us, on top of a satisfying salary. And that’s not all:
* We’re award winning. You will be working across award-winning brands and in award-winning teams and joining a culture where innovation and success are encouraged.
* Our Commitment. We’re very proud to support The Heart of England Forest; an exciting and ambitious charity aiming to plant and preserve the largest native broadleaf forest in England. Founded by our late chairman, Felix Dennis, every employee gets the chance to plant a tree in their name so you can feel part of their vision.
* We’re always thinking of you. You’ll have access to plenty of great benefits such as 28 days holiday, a contributory pension scheme and discounted gym membership.
* We recognise hard work. Have you always dreamed of taking time out of work to travel the world? You’ll be given the opportunity to take a 6 week paid sabbatical after five years service. And if you’re lucky enough to win our Employee of the Year Award you’ll be sent on a holiday of a lifetime to a destination that certainly has the ‘wow’ factor.
* We know how to have fun. Whether it’s swatting up for one of our pub quizzes, creating a costume for our famous fancy dress parties or taking part in a fitness challenge as part of our annual charity day - we can guarantee you will share the enjoyment of life at Dennis.
Being Brilliantly different is part of our DNA – our success is built upon it. What makes you unique is what makes us unique and we’re proud to foster and promote an environment of inclusivity and a celebration of individuality. Dennis does not discriminate. We recruit purely based on your skills, talent and your potential. If you feel you are right for the role, we’d very much like to hear from you!