30 days ago
Proud to be part of the AXA Group, the number one global insurance brand and worldwide leader in financial services. AXA Insurance business employs over 5,500 in a network of offices across the UK. Our expert teams care for a huge range of customers, helping them protect their cars, homes and businesses against lifes uncertainties. Whether bought directly, through brokers or through a number of corporate partners, our market-leading products are trusted by millions.
These are exciting times for our Real Estate team, we are seeking an ambitious Trainee Commercial Underwriter to contribute to delivering the team trading results through effective underwriting, trading and building dynamic underwriting relationships with brokers, whilst developing underwriting skills.
As a trainee, you in dealing with customers, providing excellent service and working to demanding targets will be key skills, along with your natural ability to build relationships and deal comfortably and confidently with people over the phone. We are seeking a quick learner with a strong trading capability who is not afraid to take on a challenge.
What you will be doing
Your key tasks are to:-
* Provide administration support to the team.
* Underwrite new and existing business profitability, accurately and in line with established Underwriting practice.
* Supply underwriting support to Account Managers as required.
* Establish and develop business relationships with intermediaries.
* Produce timely and accurate documentation.
* Actively encourage generation of profitable new business.
* Respond to customers requests for information.
* Promote the business through a polite, helpful and willing attitude to all customers external and internal.
What will I need?
* Commercial Insurance experience – preferable
* Strong trading capability and evidence in delivery
* ‘A’ Level or equivalent education level
* Excellent interpersonal/communication/sales/negotiation skills
* Able to absorb and technical product knowledge
* Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
* Team player
* Effective time management skills
* Customer focused
* Excellent computer skills
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. We’ve been recognised as one of the Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies to work for. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Proud to be part of the AXA Group, the number one global insurance brand and a worldwide leader in financial services, AXA Insurance businesses employ over 5,500 in a network of offices across the UK. Our expert teams care for a huge range of customers, helping them protect their cars, homes and businesses against life’s uncertainties. Whether bought directly, through brokers or through a number of corporate partners, our market-leading products are trusted by millions.
What We Offer
As you’d expect from a global leader, our reward package is a global beater – here’s a small selection of our current benefits:
* Bonus Scheme linked to yours and the company’s performance
* Pension scheme with employer contributions as well as your own
* 23 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays
* We support flexible working arrangements with the option of working from home on select days
* Flexible benefit options including pension and life cover flexing, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, health, dental and critical illness plans and bikes4work
* Discount on all AXA Insurance products, including insurance, breakdown cover & healthcare
* Interest free season ticket loan scheme
Important notice: We’ve recently become aware of a recruitment scam in which candidates are asked to be interviewed on Google Hangouts. It is not our policy to conduct interviews via Google Hangouts (we much prefer face-to-face), so if you have been asked to do this, please let the recruitment team know and we’ll do our best to advise you. Likewise, if you’re unsure if the person you’re speaking to is genuinely an AXA recruiter or the job you’re ing for is legitimately from AXA, please get in touch and we can check for you. We cannot be held responsible for any interviews conducted without our knowledge and authorisation. If you’re unsure and would like some advice, feel free to get in touch with our recruitment team.