6 months ago
Transportation Management and Logistics Expert, PRA, Gartner Research and Advisory
A TMS principal research
analyst advises end-user clients on the best practices around the four phases:
Strategy development, selection and evaluation of technology providers (e.g.
RFPs), contracting and negotiating, and service management (transitions and
activities performed include: Client advisory calls, writing research,
presenting at Gartner events and supporting sales teams by visiting prospective
clients to demonstrate Gartner subject-matter expertise. The desired
subject-matter expertise includes – applications and best practices covering
TMS, vehicle routing and scheduling, freight audit and payment, mobility, yard
management, multicarrier parcel and regulatory issues impacting transportation.
Emerging topics and technologies including artificial intelligence, autonomous
vehicles, drones and machine learning will also become more important going
What you’ll do:
research targeted at Logistics leaders that want to use best practices and
technology to grow their business
guidance to clients on the telephone and video conference related to your
delivery of strategic advice to clients about how to transform their business
using best practices and technology
presentations at Gartner and other events on your research area
in cross-Gartner research efforts
* Conduct research
and analysis in all aspects of transportation related to manufacturing, retail
and healthcare provider (USA) sectors
* Cover the
specified area as well as applicable adjacent areas in at least one area of
expertise, while maintaining a view across a broad spectrum of the market, to
produce innovative, thought-leading, impactful, analytically-deep, fact-based
* Lead the
research process by identifying critical questions facing Gartner clients and
crafting appropriate research methods to address them. Provide in-depth
analysis based on extensive client input and personal experience.
* Drive client
demand for your personal analysis and presentations.
* Lead a body of
research and be recognized in the industry as a subject matter expert i.e.
develop a following.
* Create and
deliver high-value presentations and other materials.
* Assist the Sales
organization in selling and retention on best practices and trends in
applications and business process outsourcing. Ability to demonstrate research
value leading to successful sales.
* Provide high
quality and timely research peer review. Provide mentorship and support team
* Lead or
participate in research community meetings to discuss research issues and
collaborate effectively with peers.
in establishing research positions across a team of analysts.
* Ability to
provide focused one-day client consulting-style engagements as a research area
* Credibility as
an industry leader to represent Gartner research methodology and strategies.
* Bachelor's Degree and/or advanced professional qualification(s) in related field. Proven record of academic achievement at highest level. Master's Degree in related discipline an advantage.
* 6+ years of experience within transportation management.
* Demonstrate excellent analytical skills; applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns and drawing and defending conclusions. Strong business and financial acumen as well as analytical skills are required for this position
* The candidate must be a strategic and critical thinker, able to efficiently multitask, and to deliver high quality actionable advice on time through a variety of media. The candidate must demonstrate a self-motivated work ethic but also be collaborative within geographically diverse team environment. International experience is desired
* Experience with the best practices and issues facing end users (“clients”) when transportation management is mandatory, and adjacent experience is a nice to have.
* Articulate and succinct communication skills; ability to explain complex ideas effectively and presenting to large groups in workshops and conferences desired.
* Strong project planning and management skills with a strong team-working ethos.
* Collaborative: experienced providing service and collaborating with global colleagues
* Organized - skilled at multitasking, prioritizing and working under tight deadlines and high volume
* Confident – able to make sound decisions on projects with minimum supervision
* Detail oriented - skilled at recognizing and troubleshooting errors
Job ID 00018420