3 months ago
We are looking for an experienced people manager, to join
our fast-paced Customer Operations Claims Team in Ipswich.
Your primary purpose will be to lead your team to settle
every Lifestyle claim quickly and effectively. You’ll provide guidance into
more technically complex claims in an ethical and professional manner. You will
assist with increasing the technical expertise within the team and enhance
current processes to ensure optimum operational efficiency.
As a Team Leader you will manage, motivate and develop your
team. Having a strong focus on their individual and collective performance,
ensuring they adopt the AXA Culture.
So, if you're a quick thinker, keen to develop and looking
for a new opportunity to develop a career in the leading global insurance brand
we want to hear from you.
Our contact centre is open between the hours of
8.00am-8.00pm, Monday to Friday and Saturdays between the hours 9.00am-5.00pm.
What you will be
Some key accountability but not limited to;
* As a Team Leader you will manage, motivate and
develop your team. Having a strong focus on their individual and collective
performance, ensuring they adopt the AXA Culture.
* You will be responsible for ensuring that Claims
handling capability is maintained through appropriate development of staff and
application of AXA UK policy in relation to talent development& succession
* Reviewing and developing operational processes
to ensure continuous improvement by working collaboratively with your
colleagues across various claims locations to drive synergies and optimum
* Responsible for the resolution and reporting of
complaints / expression of dissatisfaction received against your own team in
close liaison with Customer Relations Team
* Providing your team with a daily update on
achievements against targets and setting the focus for that day in conjunction
with the Unit Manager
* Proactively identify all potential risks or
challenges to delivery with their Unit Manager, focusing on preventing
problems, not managing them.
* Ensure extensive Product Knowledge is
maintained. Participate in all training provided in relation to products,
systems, processes and procedures, and retain knowledge. Fully utilise all training and support
* Help to drive the transformation of the claims
operation by encouraging an innovative culture and supporting people through
change. Foster the kind of culture where people can feel safe to question,
challenge and suggest new ways of doing things without fear of recrimination;
drawing on the creative power of our own people.
* Contributing to the development of operational
reports and ad hoc information
* Chairing recruitment interviews and
participating in the wider recruitment processes
Skills and Knowledge
* Strong interpersonal skills with well-developed
listening, feedback and coaching / training skills
* Inspirational motivational skills
* Ability to be flexible in their work and enjoys
a diverse workload
* Exemplary time management
* Confidence and effectiveness at handling
customer complaints through skilled management of customer expectations
* A sound, comprehensive knowledge of the
* Broad-ranging knowledge of insurance principles
and relevant case law, products, policies and claims philosophy
* Knowledge of HR processes, procedures and
* Excellent communication skills
* Comprehensive knowledge of the full 360 claims
* Sound knowledge of Liability investigations and
settlements is preferential
* Claims Handling Experience
* Cost Containment/ Fraud and Recoveries
Individuals whom have progressed Insurance Qualifications or
who are presently working towards this would be of particular interest.
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
Proud to be part of the AXA Group, the number one global insurance brand and a worldwide leader in financial services, AXA Insurance businesses employ over 5,500 in a network of offices across the UK. Our expert teams care for a huge range of customers, helping them protect their cars, homes and businesses against life’s uncertainties. Whether bought directly, through brokers or through a number of corporate partners, our market-leading products are trusted by millions.
What We Offer
What we Offer;
As you’d expect from a global leader, our reward package is
a world-beater – here’s a small selection of our current benefits.
* Bonus Scheme linked to yours and the company’s
* Pension scheme with employer contributions as
well as your own
* 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays)
* Free car parking (Subject to waiting list)
* Interest free season ticket loan scheme
* Private Medical Insurance
* Share Plan Scheme
* Discount on all AXA Insurance products,
including insurance, breakdown cover & healthcare
Important notice: We’ve recently become aware of a recruitment scam in which candidates are asked to be interviewed on Google Hangouts. It is not our policy to conduct interviews via Google Hangouts (we much prefer face-to-face), so if you have been asked to do this, please let the recruitment team know and we’ll do our best to advise you. Likewise, if you’re unsure if the person you’re speaking to is genuinely an AXA recruiter or the job you’re ing for is legitimately from AXA, please get in touch and we can check for you. We cannot be held responsible for any interviews conducted without our knowledge and authorisation. If you’re unsure and would like some advice, feel free to get in touch with our recruitment team.