5 months ago
Overall Job Purpose
To act as a lead for all UI teams and development and work as part of a team in order to maintain, support and develop our digital products in accordance with the business and technology objectives. Active participation in Agile stand-ups and planning meetings is essential. To be part of the Technology Leadership Team to ensure that our implementations meet the technical objectives and departmental standards and practices. Collaborate with other team members, learn and mentor together with team mates to develop your, and the teams, skills.
Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX Designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application or site works as well as how it looks.
At Immediate we are keen to promote equality and diversity with all of our roles, and we are supportive of people’s work-life balance.
* Act as UI technical authority across teams and locations
* Lead teams to ensure the publishing platform is the fit-for-purpose and the best it can be
* Act on own initiative to do what is right for UI, teams and company
* Lead recruitment and career progression for UI developers
* Immerse yourself in our technical ecosystem, current and legacy.
* Assist to estimate development time and complexity of UI/UX designs.
* Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs. Be able to suggest alternatives and assess risks.
* Develop and test new user-facing features, and support existing ones, across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices, including smartphones and tablets.
* Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
* Optimise pages, code and assets for maximum speed and scalability against an agreed performance budget.
* Set our standards, best practices and guidelines. Be actively involved in improving them.
* Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders to progress our digital strategy.
* Keep up to date with industry and technical developments.
* Mentor and support colleagues particularly junior staff.
* Write and improve technical documentation when necessary.
* Participate in Agile planning meetings and stand-ups as required
Knowledge, Experience & Competencies
* Excellent in writing standards-compliant HTML5.
* Excellent in writing performant CSS3.
* Excellent in the technologies that support Responsive Web Design and Mobile First.
* Excellent in handling of cross browser and cross device issues.
* Experience of CSS pre-processors such as SASS or LESS, and/or PostCSS.
* Excellent in the use of AJAX and JSON.
* Excellent in at least one server side HTML templating language such as PHP Twig, Smarty, or .NET MVC Razor.
* Excellent in client-side code regarding implications to SEO including: semantic markup, meta data and pages indexed by search engines.
* Experience of at least one client side templating solution such as Mustache, Handlebars or Underscore.
* Have a well-defined development workflow and able to describe it. Including exposure to automating aspects of a development workflow, such as Grunt, Gulp and Webpack.
* Excellent in writing automatable Unit, Integration and End to End tests.
* Be able to debug your own and others code in a structured way using tools such as Chrome Dev Tools, Firebug or Fiddler.
* Experience in Google Analytics or other analytics platform including tag management and event tracking.
* Experience of integrating with advertising platforms such as Google DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP).
* Understanding of the HMTL5 APIs such as the History API.
* Able to consider a variety of technical options pragmatically and recommend an approach. Be able to logically and clearly explain why and how.
* Good understanding of client side security including XSS and methodologies to protect against them.
* Good understanding of the HTTP protocol and Content Delivery Networks.
* Good understand of WAI accessibility and supporting technologies such as ARIA and screen readers.
* Good understand of Agile methodology.
Candidates will also be required to command good communication skills and work well within a team structure.