9 months ago
UI / UX Lead
About the role
We are currently recruiting for a UI / UX Lead to join our Strategy & PMO team based at our Northampton Office.
Ensure Avon deliver a best in class experience across all digital channels (mobile, tablet & desktop).You’ll be designing ways our customers, representatives and field staff interact with us digitally, working with project leads, business stakeholders, and development teams to improve the user experience ensuring that business, quality and functional goals are met. Whilst ensuring we are creating consistent on & offline experiences.
You’ll understand the needs of all users, interpreting requirements, identifying opportunities and communicating both the design strategy and rationale.
You will work within an Agile multi-disciplinary team to design and deliver user-interface designs and journeys across website, app and other digital platforms.
Support the delivery of in-life optimisation of Avon digital landscape:
* Consumer facing websites, including the Representative online ecommerce stores, B2B Representative sites (ordering, promotions, training, and communication, help and support) and Field sales force (em-ployed Area Sales Managers) website.
* Be accountable for creative & brand User Interface (UI) & User Experience (UX) solution development in line with industry best practice.
* You will have a mix of UE and UI design skills – including interaction and Information Architecture de-sign, psychology and user-centered design principles.
* Possess a passion for all things digital, with the ability to demonstrate this passion through your work and when communicating with business stakeholders and customers.
* Produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
What we’re looking for:
* Relevant experience in online role with a focus on web development, user experience.
* Excellent understanding of user centred design principles; with a proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale.
* Strong portfolio that demonstrates a broad range of web design knowledge and expertise with data driven, template based websites.
* Excellent working knowledge of the Adobe Suite of Products.
* Problem solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations when designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile, Android and iOS apps.
* Proficient with design tools (e.g. Sketch, Photoshop, and Axure).
* Strong ability to work on own initiative,
* Proactive and ability to challenge the norm
* Ability to work to deadlines/schedules with attention to detail
* Strong team ethos, people skills and ability to influence in a matrix/regional organisation.
At Avon, we understand the power and potential of beauty to transform lives. Our concept of beauty is more than skin deep; it is a way to empower women – the consumers using our products, the 6 million Representatives selling them, and the more than 30,000 Associates working together toward this higher purpose.
Avon's Associates know how to get things done. They are change-makers, collaborators and they share a mission to make a better world for women everywhere. A career as an Avon Associate offers opportunities to stretch your abilities, work alongside a team of passionate, like-minded and talented people and achieve your own professional success.
Above all, the work you do here at Avon will have a positive impact on millions of lives...including your own.
Avon is the Company that for 130 years has proudly stood for beauty, innovation, optimism and, above all, women. This is a great opportunity to be part of a truly inspiring team that empowers women across the globe.
As a valued member of the Avon family, you'll be entitled to some great benefits, including 25 days holiday, company contributed pension scheme, staff discount, a flexible benefits package.
Avon is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Interested in Applying?
Please provide a covering letter and CV via the link below.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to contact all applicants directly. If you haven`t heard from us within 28 days, please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.