8 months ago
UK Managed Service Director
J&J Managed Service:
NHS Five Year Forward View published in October 2014, along with recent reports
led by Lord Carter and Professor Briggs, highlight the challenges of meeting
the increasing demands of an ageing population and make several recommendations
that aim to help the NHS improve efficiency and quality of care for patients,
whilst reducing costs. Today, we believe that Johnson & Johnson can
play a key role in shaping the future healthcare landscape by partnering
with healthcare systems to co-create solutions that deliver value to healthcare
providers and improve satisfaction for patients. We created Johnson &
Johnson Managed Services, part of Johnson & Johnson Finance Limited, with
these needs in mind. We have developed a unique programme and offer capabilities
to help hospitals and healthcare providers achieve their aims of improving
outcomes, increasing patient satisfaction whilst reducing the cost of care
November 2017 J&J Managed Service announced a new 15-year partnership to
deliver an Orthopaedics Centre of Excellence with Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS
Foundation Trust. As part of the Managed Services agreement, the orthopaedics
centre at Guy’s Hospital is being expanded and redeveloped, giving more
patients access to services through the development of additional operating
theatres within the first three years. This Centre of Excellence will provide a
hub for education and training and offer a dedicated space to facilitate
cutting-edge research to improve clinical outcomes for patients. We are also responsible
for streamlining the supply chain through a Managed Service agreement for the
procurement of devices, surgical instruments and implants required for
orthopaedic surgery, working to improve efficiency and reduce costs for the
Trust. This partnership is the first of its kind that we’ve developed within
Johnson & Johnson, both in the UK and globally, and was created through our
insight that the changing healthcare landscape in the UK requires a new type of
partnership between industry and healthcare providers.
* You will be
responsible for the Installation & Operational Management of J&JMS at
GSTT and future hospital acquisitions within the GB/Ire Cluster.
* You will be
required to manage & coordinate the activity of the J&JMS On-Site Manager,
Warehouse Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Transition & Installation Team
& J&J Finance Partner.
* You will need to
be able to work effectively with both J&JMS and Trust personnel to resolve
issues or requests regarding the J&JMS.
for resolution of non-critical issues and the escalation of major issues to
GB/Ire Managed Service Governance Team.
Main Responsibilities – include but are not
* The role
will have national responsibility and require travel / overnight stays to manage
the Operational Performance & Installation requirements of the J&J
Managed Service Co.
* Ensure that all routine operational issues are resolved to the
satisfaction of the Customer & MSCo.
* Production of MSA Dashboard Reporting Metrics & Performance review
vs. MSA Contract
* Deliver any Concern and Preventative Action planning as outlined by
the J&JMS processes.
* Ensure adherence to policies to include patient confidentiality, Data
Protection, Freedom of Information or other local or national policies.
* Proactively manage and report any health, safety and environmental
issues within the work place.
* Operational Delivery of J&JMS Managed Service Agreement (MSA)
- Warehouse SVR Design (Bin Locations &
- Change Advisory Board (CAB) Escalation
- QCSV Management
- Governance Communication
- Vendor Management (J&J IT / Ingenica)
- Service Performance Metrics Tracking
* Operational Management of J&JMS Warehouses:
- Warehouse Integrity, Controls &
- Manage Deviation to SOP / Work
- Warehouse SVR Design (Bin Locations &
- New Hospital Installations
- Facilities Management (FM)
- Service Dashboard
* Account Clinical Integration
- Supply Chain & Asset Management
- Master Data
* Supply Chain Management
* MJ Medical
* J&J On Site Service Operational Delivery
Service Point Contact
* Loan Kits
* F3 - Planning
& Cabinet SPC Ship / Returns
* Apply Credo values in an open and ethical manner.
* Ensure personnel with potential gain experience and exposure to
responsibilities to enable advancement.
* Lead Performance management reviews
* Strong experience in commercial business
demonstrating career progression through multiple roles of increasing
responsibility aligned with a proven track record of success
* Experience of delivering results in a multi-
national matrixed organisation
* Evidence of managerial integrity throughout
* Experience Ideally gained within 2- 3 different
companies at senior management level
* Cross functional experience
* Strong leadership capability and track record;
able to set and execute the strategic vision and direction of a business.
* Experience in managing people & businesses
through organisational change
* Exceptional communication and interpersonal
skills – able to confidentially navigate across all areas of the business, with
a tailored and polished management style.
* Track record of successfully working within a
* Experience of working within a Managed &
* Experienced in working to targets and exceeding
* Experience of Partnership working both
externally and internally and able to quickly establish Trust and
* Track record of successfully working in
partnership with Health Care Practitioners and challenge existing practices,
whilst maintaining and enhancing services and standards.
* Extensive experience and understanding of a
Hospital Warehouse environment and working practices.
* Demonstrated ability to understand processes
driven activities and targeted activities
* Extensive experience of working within NHS or
similar sized organisation
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a
team and individually
* Demonstrates excellent internal and external
* Excellent social style and behavioural skills
and a representative appearance are essential
* Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal
* Strong mathematical skills
* Competency working with Microsoft Office
* Excellent communication skills with the ability
to liaise, influence and negotiate effectively at all levels
* Problem-solving and technical skills
Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd. - fka -Ethicon Ltd. (7355)
Marketing & Sales