3 months ago
Amazon UK is seeking a self-motivated and creative individual for the role of PR Manager leading proactive campaigns for Amazon's consumer retail business. Please note this is a maternity cover and is a 12 month temporary contract commencing January 2019.
Key responsibilities include:
· Managing all aspects of consumer PR for the consumables areas of the retail business, e.g. Beauty, Food & Grocery (including Beer, Wine and Spirits), AmazonFresh, Amazon Pantry, Pet Supplies, Baby - as well as special projects including Treasure Truck and AmazonSmile
· Managing our core PR agencies to devise and implement strategies which enhance the reputation of Amazon’s offering in line with our global comms strategy;
· Developing and managing high profile consumer PR campaigns to drive mass brand awareness;
· Overseeing the day-to-day running of the press office, including reactive media relations for all business categories as required.
· Managing the day to day workload of the team PR assistant
Able to work at internet-speed, you will have a track record of delivery on major consumer campaigns, a high level of creativity and extensive experience in dealing with media contacts and national news desks.
· Consumer PR expert - a demonstrated feel for what works for a brand and a strong contact book
· Tactically aware - knowledgeable about what’s going on in the media and on the site and able to marry the two at short notice for maximum PR benefit
· Strategic - ensuring that PR activity delivers against business objectives and articulates key messages
· Proactive in the extreme - enjoys taking responsibility and making things happen, driving campaigns through from creation to completion to deliver strong results every time
· Organised - able to prioritise strategically and juggle multiple projects simultaneously while managing essential admin work, keen attention to detail is essential
· Great Leadership - able to inspire agencies, peers and junior team members to deliver and demonstrate successful campaigns and responsibility for PR to senior managers
· Adaptable - able to work in a corporate environment including liaising, connecting and engaging with a global team
· Personable - able to develop, manage, maintain and build relationships across the business dealing with stakeholders of all levels, right up to senior leadership both within the UK and across the globe as required
· Customer-focused - able to deliver consumer PR campaigns with customer needs firmly at the heart of the activity
For this position we expect:
· 8+ years in an agency/in-house working at a senior level
· Track record of successful delivery on major consumer brand PR campaigns
· Extensive experience in dealing with high-level UK consumer media contacts across news and broadcast sectors
· Experience of fast-paced press office management - including high profile issues management - reactive and proactive
· Experience of managing consumer agencies on high-profile consumer campaigns
· Experience of managing influencers and social media focused / digital campaigns
· Knowledge of the UK retail and online markets
Further qualifications would be a plus:
· Ideally educated to degree level
· Experience of working in a fast-paced global company
· Experience of the UK retail sector
· Experience of events delivery and management
· Experience of working with talent on high-profile brand campaigns
· Experience of sponsorship and amplification of brand partnerships
· Experience of brand and digital campaigns
· People management experience
Are you interested? We look forward to receiving your application. Please submit your online application including your CV and covering letter in English.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Did you know that Amazon is offering various jobs in part-time? If you want to apply, please filter for “part-time” in the job type search section on amazon.jobs.