5 months ago
Do you love what you’ve heard about Amazon’s national investment in last mile delivery to speed up deliveries for customers? Then consider joining the Amazon Transportation PR team. We are seeking a creative and detail-oriented individual and hands-on PR manager to manage the communications activity for Amazon UK Last Mile Delivery.
Key responsibilities include devising and implementing strategies which enhance the reputation of Amazon’s transportation efforts, crafting stories about the entrepreneurs and drivers who deliver smiles, developing and managing PR campaigns to build Amazon’s community reputation, and overseeing proactive and reactive media relations.
We’re looking for someone with high-judgement that can support and advise a budding Amazon business as they tackle complex and challenging problems and a passion for telling stories of empowerment of aspiring entrepreneurs. You will have extensive experience in dealing with national, regional and local news desks on a variety of reactive and proactive topics.
Finally, to be successful in this role you will need excellent communications skills, exemplary writing ability, exceptional initiative, and a talent for collaboration. You should have experience working with high standards under tight deadlines. Creativity and flexibility are a must.
Core Job responsibilities:
· Support development and execution of events and media engagements
· Integrate with Amazon marketing, policy and global communications teams
· Build and maintain relationships with key media
· Manage complex, fast-moving, and unexpected communications challenges with high judgment and professionalism
· Develop and manage approvals for news releases, promotional videos, graphics, fact sheets and related media materials
· Help coordinate inbound press inquiries and monitor and track coverage
· Work quickly and precisely under tight deadlines, and prioritize and manage multiple projects at one time
· Bachelor’s degree
· 9+ years of public relations experience at a public company, ideally a large and well-known brand
· Exemplary written and oral communications skills
· Strong judgment and the ability to respond quickly, yet thoughtfully, to urgent PR matters
· Outstanding attention to detail and ability to communicate complex topics effectively
· Experience executing product launches, press tours, speaking engagements and press events
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
· Team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
· Track record of developing creative, effective approaches to difficult communications challenges
· Track record of supporting communications for small businesses
· The ability to formulate a clear point of view on complicated issues and create a concise and well-written narrative to express it
· A knack for diplomacy and the confidence to engage and build consensus with functional leaders at all levels
· Ability to excel in a fast-paced, startup-like environment