4 months ago
Are you an experienced Underwriter looking for your next career challenge?
At AXA Partners, we are looking to recruit an experienced Underwriter to work in our international travel insurance sector. You will join our growing team based in Redhill, Surrey on a permanent, full time basis, with the option to work remotely and flexibly some days of the week if required.
As an Underwriter, knowledge of working in the travel insurance industry would be of preference but certainly not essential. We would happily consider candidates from other entities of insurance for example home or motor, but you would need to want to gain experience of working in this fast paste international travel arena.
You will be working with new business quotes, engaging closely with the business development and sales team to ensure Axa is our clients chosen insurance provider.
Mainly the role will be risk assessment and pricing of new and existing international travel insurance schemes working across both retail, airline and banking distribution channels.
Focus will be to ensure that schemes deliver the target loss ratios and any areas of under-delivery are highlighted, monitored and corrective actions suggested so as to improve the performance of the overall book. This will involve managing relationships across Commercial distribution and external partners worldwide.
What will you be doing?
* Detailed analysis, assessment and pricing of new schemes and proactive investigation of potential options to increase profit and growth.
* Support to the Product Development team in creating the policy covers, terms and conditions for schemes ensuring the cover is in line with customer requirements.
* Create and maintain agreed partner (internal and external) MI reports every month as well ad hoc reporting as required.
* Identify key trends in performance across geographic entities and / or distribution channels and provide suggestions on any impact in product / pricing decisions and burn costs.
* Maintain the standardised pricing tool, which will provide the Underwriting team with a standardised view of burn costs and base pricing models for Bank, Retail and Airline distribution channels.
Who are we looking for?
* Preferably 3-5 years' underwriting risk assessment, pricing and market knowledge
* Ability to analyse underwriting performance to
identify issues with the data
* Proven track record of achieving product targets
within a financial service environment
* Detailed understanding of the compliance and
* High standard of ability in MS Excel with MS
Access, SQL programming, SAS, database structures, data warehouse concepts and
designs, data cleansing and testing techniques
* Strong interpersonal skills, with excellent
* Self motivated, able to plan and prioritise
workload in order to achieve deadlines
* Flexibility to travel both nationally and internationally (mainly Europe) visiting our clients across different countries
* Language skills beneficial.
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
AXA Partners was officially created in September 2015, with the senior management team actively working on the strategy and organization since early 2016.
AXA Partners’ ambition is to build a global leader in third party distribution to contribute to AXA’s growth in the retail market. In addition, AXA Partners will also contribute to enrich AXA’s core insurance offer with additional products and services developed by AXA Partners or sourced from our partners in order to drive differentiation for AXA.
Organisation of AXA Partners
AXA Partners’ commercial development is under the responsibility of the Chief sales and distribution Officer (CSDO). To achieve AXA Partners’ growth target, the CSDO relies on a geographical sales organization with each geographical CEO being locally responsible for the sales targets. In addition, various “sectors” teams (one per industry) report to the CSDO to provide AXA Partners with industry specific knowledge and targeted value proposals. The central business development support team (BDS) is responsible for sales monitoring, coordination of global request for proposals, and support to our partners’ distribution networks.
Products and services are managed and operated on a global basis by AXA Partners’ business units. Business units are structured by product range, covering both the technical (pricing/underwriting) and the transformation (operations) dimensions.
To match the Group structure, AXA Partners developed a protection business unit (all ex-CLP products such as CPI, PPI, protection, etc.), a health business unit and a P&C business unit, covering four units: home (home emergency, direct repairs); gadget insurance (smartphone, home appliances, extended warranty); car (motor insurance, roadside assistance, mechanical breakdown); travel (travel insurance and assistance).
What We Offer
•Up to 10% annual bonus
•25 days holiday + bank holidays
•Nissan discount club
•Company pensions scheme Up to 6% business contributions
•Travel Insurance – for yourself and family
•Motor breakdown cover
•On Commencement of employment, Entitled to participate in Company Life Assurance Cover
•Season ticket loan
Important notice: We’ve recently become aware of a recruitment scam in which candidates are asked to be interviewed on Google Hangouts. It is not our policy to conduct interviews via Google Hangouts (we much prefer face-to-face), so if you have been asked to do this, please let the recruitment team know and we’ll do our best to advise you. Likewise, if you’re unsure if the person you’re speaking to is genuinely an AXA recruiter or the job you’re ing for is legitimately from AXA, please get in touch and we can check for you. We cannot be held responsible for any interviews conducted without our knowledge and authorisation. If you’re unsure and would like some advice, feel free to get in touch with our recruitment team.