9 months ago
User Experience Designer
Posted Date - 05/12/2018
Application end date: 03/01/2019
R-73707 – User Experience Designer
UK - London - Aviva Digital Garage
We currently have an exciting new opportunity for a Senior U/X and Digital Designer to join our team here at Quotemehappy.com part of the Aviva Group. This is a permanent role based in the Digital Garage in London.
At Aviva we help people build financial resilience over the long term. Many struggle to make good, long term financial decisions. Our brains aren’t wired that way and there are few social norms which help. This presents us with a real opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives.
Quotemehappy.com is a dynamic online only insurer with a start-up culture. No shirt and ties here, just talented people with a passion for creating great online customer experiences.
We’re a growing part of Aviva; based in the heart of London’s digital hub, Silicon Roundabout, so you’ll be immersed in exciting
digital innovation and surrounded by like-minded people.
Main duties and responsibilities
Quotemehappy.com is looking for an experienced senior UX and digital designer with a passion for creating engaging user experiences. You’ll be working closely with our Customer Experience senior manager to design the whole customer experience strategy using world-class, enviable design solutions and digital communications. We appreciate high energy, adventure and always put the customer first. We’re a close-knit team always looking to surprise and innovate.
Skills, qualifications and experience
To succeed in this role, you will need a mixture of skills:
* Develop customer journey concepts, graphics, prototypes and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and websites
* Be a champion of the customer and a protector of Quotemehappy.com brand assets and values
* Develop design briefs by gathering information and data through research and UX tools
* Senior stakeholder management, strategy and design leadership
* Use Agile methodologies to successfully deliver world class user experiences
* Think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts
* Effectively communicate and demonstrate your ideas and concepts to all stakeholders
* Motion graphics design and production.
* Video and sound editing.
What we are looking for
* We’re looking for a conceptual thinker. If you’ve got impressive ideas, we want to hear them and make them happen
* You have an inexhaustible knowledge of design trends; you get user experience and love the opportunities of new technology
* You’re a quick-thinker and a solution-finder, pixel perfect with creative flair and attention to detail
* You thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, or captivate consumers.
* You will have design experience for software, web applications which leverage emergent technologies, either in-house or within an agency with a small client base
* Strong experience working on responsive design across channels in a fast paced, mobile first environment
* UI and UX design knowledge, with work that shows innovation in this area
* In-depth knowledge of Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
* Ability to produce wireframes, interactive prototypes as well as visual design concepts using tools such as Invision, Axure RP or Balsamiq
* Experience working with developers and business analysts to provide detail about your design concepts in an agile/sprint environment
* Able to build productive and smooth working relationship across departments
* Able to create animation for web
* Excellent communication and time management skills
* Strong portfolio is a must to be considered for this position
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in the Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website. and then notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please apply via below button.